What do you think of Dowsing??

Emily

Hi all!!

So I’ve been thinking for a while that I’d like to try dowsing. I realise this subject will have arguments for both sides, some who are firm believers, and others who think it’s a load of rubbish, however, I am genuinely interested in trying it and wondered if there is anyone on here who has experience (good or bad) doing it and their advice. ☺️
Live long and prospect
Blackadder43

I believe it has potential, and has been proven a few times
But, i also think its down the the person holding the rods too, i dont think just anyone can use them effectively, its just for weird folk like myself :lol:

I actually have a set that a good friend bought for me as a present, i think i'll get them out and have a scout round me house for any Jelly beans i may have mislaid

Give it a go Emily and see how you get on.....any connection with nature has to be a good thing :thumbsup:
Emily

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 pm I believe it has potential, and has been proven a few times
But, i also think its down the the person holding the rods too, i dont think just anyone can use them effectively, its just for weird folk like myself :lol:

I actually have a set that a good friend bought for me as a present, i think i'll get them out and have a scout round me house for any Jelly beans i may have mislaid

Give it a go Emily and see how you get on.....any connection with nature has to be a good thing :thumbsup:
Thanks Blackadder. Can you use anything for rods or are would you recommend something specific??

How long have you been doing it?? Any pointers?? ☺️
Live long and prospect
Blackadder43

Oh goodness, i'm not an expert at all, not even an amateur lol
I have a set that i havent really used out in the field at all really

I am though very interested in things like this
I believe we have lost the ability and memorys of doing things the natural way

You can buy them, or make them from natural resources like trees etc....
Its interesting just to research the subject, it can take you down a rabbit hole of energy lines, laylines etc etc

I once read that Gold deposits are often found in divots or indents in the ground, so if you were using the rods and they crossed, its usually an indication you have actually changed elevation, so stepped down into a divot or indented area

As for water finding, who knows
Water is a natural resource as is wood from trees
I'm very interested in anything involving the natural world that we dont yet understand or have forgotten over time
shaggybfc

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:17 pm Oh goodness, i'm not an expert at all, not even an amateur lol
I have a set that i havent really used out in the field at all really
I think we can clearly see that you're a rank amateur BA ,,,,,, from your avatar, I'm guessing you're using them incorrectly :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Blackadder43

shaggybfc wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:23 pm
I think we can clearly see that you're a rank amateur BA ,,,,,, from your avatar, I'm guessing you're using them incorrectly :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:
Wait, are you saying they shouldn't be protruding from the nasal cavity in order to work correctly?
Emily

shaggybfc wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:23 pm I think we can clearly see that you're a rank amateur BA ,,,,,, from your avatar, I'm guessing you're using them incorrectly :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:
That was hilarious!! 😂😂
Live long and prospect
Saffron

I have known it work in a few cases. Two examples being; firstly locating a tunnel (about 7' deep) that probably extended from an abbey (demolished by Henry VIII) to an old pub (no idea if it was a pub or private house at that time); secondly locating buried water pipes.

In the case of the old pub I was actually on guided tour and the organiser asked if anybody had done dowsing or would like to try it and handed the dowsing rods to somebody and told them to walk along the front of the pub, initially nothing happened but then the rods crossed, they were told to reset the rods and carry on - but got no further reaction, A second person then did the same and got a reaction at the same spot. The orgainser then explained about the tunnel and that it had been originally located by dowsing. FYI: Several others then tried and some got a reaction above the tunnel while some others did not, so maybe it is in part down to the person.

I have heard of several other cases where it has worked.

Evan
Emily

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:40 pm Wait, are you saying they shouldn't be protruding from the nasal cavity in order to work correctly?
I mean, your way would’ve been my first point of call too....🤷‍♀️😂
Live long and prospect
TheFenTiger

My dad used to swear by it and kept trying to prove it to my sister. He took her wedding ring and hid it under a rug. When it didn't work he said her ring didn't have a high enough gold content!

I have heard of water companies keep a set in the van.
Dave
Easylife

Emily, just make some from a wire coat hanger, hold loosely, things happen!
Not saying that what happens means anything but the subconscious is a factor. Some say that you have to think about what you seek in order to find it! :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
TheFenTiger

I have heard of people using a hollow tubes to hold them in so they can move freely. My dad also said to use a Y shape hazel branch and bending the legs of the Y to apply tension and it would rise and fall if you were over what you are looking for.
Dave
Blackadder43

TheFenTiger wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:07 pm I have heard of people using a hollow tubes to hold them in so they can move freely. My dad also said to use a Y shape hazel branch and bending the legs of the Y to apply tension and it would rise and fall if you were over what you are looking for.
Thats very interesting you mention your Dad using Hazel branch as his divining tool
Interesting folklore surrounds the Hazel tree
https://druidry.org/druid-way/teaching- ... lore/hazel
Blackadder43

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:13 pm Thats very interesting you mention your Dad using Hazel branch as his divining tool
Interesting folklore surrounds the Hazel tree
https://druidry.org/druid-way/teaching- ... lore/hazel
Just to add the last paragraph of the Hazel tree folklore
The magical power of the hazel still lives today whenever a water-diviner uses hazel-rods to dowse for water. As the rod bends to reveal the water within the earth, it may be that it is also straining to reconnect with ancestors, the nine sacred trees at the Well of Wisdom deep within the memory of the land.
Easylife

Just a thought, if you hold your hands out like as if holding divining rods and relax them they naturally turn in slightly, just enough to make rods slowly cross! :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.