Weather looks nice on Thursday!

Easylife

I plan to go detecting on Thursday, hopefully the recent rain showers will have been enough to soften the ground adequately, although no idea how long the pasture grass will be? It was about 2 months ago since I was last there and there were lots of young cattle munching away so guess it should be okay?
But which field? I pretty much know what to expect from most fields after several years of searching them. It's easy to choose the fields which had the most activity and still find stuff but that's kind of routine albeit getting very much harder now. Earlier this year I tried an adjacent field which a few years ago had initially appeared quite void of targets indeed, so it has been very neglected by me, but after giving it another fair look it is not quite so boring as it first seemed after all. The top half has barely any targets but the lower half has shown to hold quite a few fun finds. It's still unfamiliar ground really, but so far amongst other bits has chucked up an Elizabeth I three pence, Victorian coins and jewellery, and a cheap watch. So there was clearly activity there but just not as much as in the other fields, so I plan to mainly just focus on that one for the intriguing unknown factor! But if I get a bit bored then I'll briefly try the one next to it that I fancy even less in the hope that it could surprise, but most likely soon focus back on the first! It's probably like the outskirts of activity here then just about nothing at all in the fields after!
Gee, now I've said that I'll probably just blank! Only joking, it always seems to work out okay. Now just how does that detector work? :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Oh, the agony of choice, eh? :lol:

Hope you turn up something nice, wherever it may be :thumbsup:
alloverover

Good luck wherever you go :thumbsup: I hope its not as humid as it was today :thumbsup:
Easylife

Looks like it'll be shorts, slip slap slop, and plenty of water! :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

I actually want dry weather so they can get the hay cut :lol:

Go for whatever you can get on. I have little choice but was rewarded with £4 of spenables on a field that normally never has anything modern on it. Actually nothing much at all :lol:

Good luck whichever one you chose :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Well I stuck to my original plan and found stuff so that was okay. Need to check up on a few bits then will add a story. Was great to get back out there! :thumbsup:
TerraBritannia

Good for you. :thumbsup:

I haven't been out for a while now and I just can't be doing with the hot weather, that and the threats of possible heavy downpours. I got drenched last Saturday while at work, even my stormproof gear let me down after literally seconds!

It's forecasted to be light cloud tomorrow, possible rain late afternoon but we'll see. I'm going back to a grass field that's quieter than I'd like, but at this time of year I'll take what's available.
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Easylife

TerraBritannia wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:19 pm I'm going back to a grass field that's quieter than I'd like, but at this time of year I'll take what's available.
Quiet grass fields are good if they have no modern trash. :thumbsup: