you wait years for a "Tealby"....

HolzHammer

...then two turn up in a couple of months ( albeit only halves!!!!)

Evening All!

I went out in the blistering heat for literally 15 mins and found this! Its not in the best nick and neither was the other one I found a month or so ago; A Henry II Cross and Crosslets "Tealby" (cut half) penny... are they often in bad condition or just mine?

Anyway I had no intention of filming as I just wanted to enjoy the little time I had out without the pressure of making a decent video out of it...
However YouTube have introduced something call " Shorts" which is actually ideal as it can't be more than 60 secs long so you can show something short and sweet like this! I hope the mods don't mind me shoving it down here - I think it can be quite an effective form of showing something fun quickly with no faff!

Hope this heat gives us a break soon thank the Lord the fields are still in crop!
All the Best
Alexander

Attachments
AVW_4844.jpeg
AVW_4846.jpeg
alloverover

Like buses Alexander, another will be along before you can blink :lol: , nice find, well done :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

I saw that short - it was good :Star: You are doing brilliantly on finds. You are humming with the Deus now - a full one next :Party:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

HolzHammer wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:27 pm are they often in bad condition or just mine?
Mine's rubbish, too. But I did read that, "This coinage is notorious for its ugly appearance, bad craftsmanship and careless execution." Sounds a bit like me, to be fair :lol:
HolzHammer

alloverover wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:57 pm Like buses Alexander, another will be along before you can blink :lol: , nice find, well done :thumbsup:
Ha! Thanks lets hope so!
HolzHammer

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:26 pm I saw that short - it was good :Star: You are doing brilliantly on finds. You are humming with the Deus now - a full one next :Party:
Thanks Cath - well you know what they say about practice and luck! But the more I use it 'lite' and its been about 4 years, the less likely I am to ever get the box... I don't really tweak it at all any more - I tend to leave it in "Hot", which you have to really, I think, if you are only relying on your ears to give you all the information a screen would give you, and just change the reactivity and frequency depending on how much extra depth I want to achieve.... Hope all well!
HolzHammer

figgis wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:03 am Mine's rubbish, too. But I did read that, "This coinage is notorious for its ugly appearance, bad craftsmanship and careless execution." Sounds a bit like me, to be fair :lol:
Ha! But good knowledge thank you!
mattjb

HolzHammer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am Thanks Cath - well you know what they say about practice and luck! But the more I use it 'lite' and its been about 4 years, the less likely I am to ever get the box... I don't really tweak it at all any more - I tend to leave it in "Hot", which you have to really, I think, if you are only relying on your ears to give you all the information a screen would give you, and just change the reactivity and frequency depending on how much extra depth I want to achieve.... Hope all well!
Great coin,I think Cath meant full coin rather than full deus! Speaking of the deus, I don’t know if you’ve seen my ‘which one’ thread , I’m torn between buying a deus, probably the lite version or a nox 800,and I’d be interested to hear your opinions on the deus lite, especially regarding depth on pasture , ease of use without the box etc.Obviously from watching your videos you are ‘at one’ with the deus and rate it!
Oxgirl

HolzHammer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am Thanks Cath - well you know what they say about practice and luck! But the more I use it 'lite' and its been about 4 years, the less likely I am to ever get the box... I don't really tweak it at all any more - I tend to leave it in "Hot", which you have to really, I think, if you are only relying on your ears to give you all the information a screen would give you, and just change the reactivity and frequency depending on how much extra depth I want to achieve.... Hope all well!
I meant a full coin, not a full Deus but wrote it very badly :D .

I use mine in lite mode all the time now despite having the box so completely agree you don’t need to waste your money. And you know that machine inside out now and it’d tell you nothing new :Luv Ya:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
HolzHammer

mattjb wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:41 am Great coin,I think Cath meant full coin rather than full deus! Speaking of the deus, I don’t know if you’ve seen my ‘which one’ thread , I’m torn between buying a deus, probably the lite version or a nox 800,and I’d be interested to hear your opinions on the deus lite, especially regarding depth on pasture , ease of use without the box etc.Obviously from watching your videos you are ‘at one’ with the deus and rate it!
Hi Matt, I did realise she was talking about a full coin I thought id just prattle on about the deus anyway!!!
I really like the deus and I really like it LITE! But the question of depth always arises and often I'm not really sure why; I once spoke to someone who really knows their onions when it comes to this machine and he said that he reckoned he could always get as much depth out of the Deus if he tweaked it correctly as he would get out of a NOX for example and I believe him.
And let's just say the Deus does lack something in depth, well I think it more than makes up for it in finesse! And target ID - even without the screen I rarely dig proper trash/coke or iron unless I want to... I've said it before: it is a more refined machine for a more refined detectorist... now where is that can of worms I have been keeping for such an occasion....?! 😁

N.B I have never used an Equinox but I believe them to be very good also.
mattjb

HolzHammer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:10 am Hi Matt, I did realise she was talking about a full coin I thought id just prattle on about the deus anyway!!!
I really like the deus and I really like it LITE! But the question of depth always arises and often I'm not really sure why; I once spoke to someone who really knows their onions when it comes to this machine and he said that he reckoned he could always get as much depth out of the Deus if he tweaked it correctly as he would get out of a NOX for example and I believe him.
And let's just say the Deus does lack something in depth, well I think it more than makes up for it in finesse! And target ID - even without the screen I rarely dig proper trash/coke or iron unless I want to... I've said it before: it is a more refined machine for a more refined detectorist... now where is that can of worms I have been keeping for such an occasion....?! 😁

N.B I have never used an Equinox but I believe them to be very good also.
Thanks for that Alexander, It’s tricky trying to come to a decision, both machines seem to have equal numbers of fans.I keep leaning from one to the other! I know they’ll both be great machines and do the job.
Being a rough and ready non refined type of bloke though might mean I’m more suited to the nox!