Hello to all from across the pond

Bigtim1973

I learned about the site from one of the forum members, HolzHamer youtube channel.

Joined up last night.

I live in the state of Tennessee in the USA.

Detecting is a favorite hobby and I really enjoy watching and reading through forums of what you dig up in the UK.

Anyways I am glad to be here. When it cools off I will take and start showing you what I dig up over here in the states. I look for American civil war relics and old coins.

HH, Tim
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
Blackadder43

Hiya Tim and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Glad you found us and glad it was through a top man like HolzHammer :clapping:

Feel free to show us your finds too, as detectorists we are all interested in finds from around the world

Enjoy your time here and any questions then please do ask
figgis

Hey there, Tim. Great to see you and welcome to the forum, fellah :thumbsup:

Love hearing about detecting away from these shores - particularly in America - so really looking forward to hearing about things from your perspective and seeing what you manage to unearth.

Hope you enjoy the forum :thumbsup:
Bigtim1973

Thank you both for the warm welcome. It is very hot here right now. So much so that it makes one discouraged to try and do any detecting at the moment.

Yes I find I really enjoy watching what others find across the world as well. It is a very interesting hobby.

I cut my teeth in the hobby back in the early 1980's. My older brother bought a little detector from Radio Shack and put me to use as his official digger. I enjoyed finding the old matchbox and hot wheel toy cars so I did not mind.

I grew up on a small farm outside of Houston Texas. We lived very near the old Spanish trail. We found a concho from a Spanish saddle on the home place. That is really what sparked my interest in the hobby.

If I get around to it I can try to post some pics of the stuff I have dug up myself.

It is a wonderful hobby and you just never know what your going to get.

Both of the USA metal detecting magazines that were in print have either gone to digital only or folded completely. So, I find the forums of people finds and reviews of their equipment an alternative to having no magazine. I do miss it and have tried to get a couple of guys interested in getting one back in print but no luck so far.

That leads me here to the internet and the detecting forums.

So anyways, yes, I am looking forward to being a part of this forum as well.

HH, Tim
Oxgirl

Tim it’s lovely to have you as part of the hub family.

Love seeing American civil war finds and other different things so looking forward to your future posts :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bigtim1973

Oh indeed I do have a few civil war relics I can post. Yes the civil war stuff is very popular for a lot of detectorist here.

I would love to go to the gold fields and look for that one day myself. I know a few fellows who do that too.

Maybe one day I will get to.
Dave The Slave

Hello Tim and welcome.
Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.
Part of my permission was used by the USAAF prior to D Day and have managed to find an area where crates of munitions were unboxed, 7 lead seals, plus my star find from there a Chemical Warfare Services, lead seal. Was hoping to find a uniform button or coin from the US serviceman but they have eluded me.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Bigtim1973

Oh yeah I never really thought about the service guys over there during the war. I have watched a few videos where some of your fellow detectorist find Indian head pennies in the UK. I think that is awesome. I always wonder how it winds up there in the middle of fields as well.

My favorite coin to dig up so far over here is a German 1916 1/2 mark. It is really a neat looking coin with obverse design.

Yes I am sure there is plenty of things the US soldiers dropped in the UK.

I had some buttons from the British side of the US revolutionary war. I sold them as part of a lot once because I personally dig not dig them up. I regret it very much so now. They are hard to come by.
shaggybfc

Hey Tim, welcome to the site. I've spent a bit of time in the US, but never been to Tennesee. I've been luckey enough to have worked in Fairburn GA, Dearborn & Aurburn Hills MI, Grapvine TX, but not at our site in Memphis TN yet. :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Bigtim1973

shaggybfc wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 pm Hey Tim, welcome to the site. I've spent a bit of time in the US, but never been to Tennesee. I've been luckey enough to have worked in Fairburn GA, Dearborn & Aurburn Hills MI, Grapvine TX, but not at our site in Memphis TN yet. :thumbsup:
Grapevine TX?? I haven't heard that name in years. My brother took a vacation there once.

Very interesting travels you have. What sort of work do you do???

I would live to visit the UK and a few other places. But not sure I will get to though it would be a blast to do so.
figgis

Come on over, Tim. Blackadder will provide a bed stuffed with jelly beans for as long as you like :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

Bigtim1973 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm Very interesting travels you have. What sort of work do you do???
I work in logistics... for my sins. I get to work all over - Middle East, Russia, South America, Australia, and most European countries:D
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Bigtim1973

figgis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:26 pm Come on over, Tim. Blackadder will provide a bed stuffed with jelly beans for as long as you like :thumbsup:

Now that is very tempting!!!
Bigtim1973

shaggybfc wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:45 pm I work in logistics... for my sins. I get to work all over - Middle East, Russia, South America, Australia, and most European countries:D

Do you detect while on your travels??

That would be incredible.

Australia has some great gold fields.