Some of my finds from here in the USA

Bigtim1973

Here are some of my coins, relics and such I have dug up here in Tennessee and in Texas where I grew up.

The large copper concho was found on the small farm I grew up on in Texas. It is Spanish and dates to the 1700's.

The civil war US bit bosses I found here at home where I currently live. The smaller conical bullets are for the Colt revolving rifle used during our Civil War. Also I have plenty of musket balls I have not posted I have dug here at home. I think there was a small skirmish on the land I live on.

You can see some various foreign coins that I am sure some of you are familiar with as well. Some are Canadian and Mexico too. The small German 1/2 Mark dates to 1916. It is my favorite coin so far.

The large 72 caliber musket balls are from the camp of Steve F. Austins army when he was on the way to battle to San Jancinto after Santa Anna conquered the Alamo in 1836 during the Texas revolution.

There is a wax stamp monogram in there as well. The Chinese coin in which there is a square hole and also the one that is a larger copper one with a dragon on it are found near rail way tracks here. They helped build the railroads in the states after the American Civil War.

Also various US coins. My oldest silver coin is so worn and is not readable at all. It is a Seated Liberty Quarter that dates to the mid 1800's.

A few dog tags and some religious pedants. The little ring with square top is a Boy Scout ring.

Anyways, just thought I would share some of my finds. I too enjoy looking at what you dig up. It is very hot here where I live currently. When the weather gets cooler I will show some more current finds.

HH, Tim

I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
Blackadder43

Some nice finds there Tim, you have been quite busy it seems :thumbsup:

I love the Rabies vaccination tag too....imagine in years to come people might be finding covid tags too :shock: :lol:

You can post more photos if you wish , i think our software allows 6 per post, so fill ya boots :thumbsup:

Its very hot here too, although we have been forcast with thunder storms at present, that will be welcome to break up the air a bit...
Bigtim1973

Lol...covid tags!!!! Yes your probably right!!!

Those are the more interesting ones. I have all sorts of stuff. Including an odds and ends box somewhere. Or as you say bits and bobs.

But sure I will post some more.

I sold all of my unreadable copper pennies. They are not worth much but a local guy was buying them for 3 cents each. I cashed in over 300 of them. Not much but it beat having a bunch of unreadable copper slugs taking up space.

The broken jewelry I sold as well.

I put all of my modern coins back into circulation. Some guys just save everything they find.

Yes when I dig out some more stuff I will post again.
Easylife

A interesting selection of finds with plenty of silver, nice to see some finds different from the norm here. Funnily enough when I detected my back lawn one of the only two coins was a US dime! :D :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bigtim1973

Yes it is interesting to see what one finds in their own yard. It is remarkable where some things wind up. What year was the dime??
Easylife

Bigtim1973 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:06 pm Yes it is interesting to see what one finds in their own yard. It is remarkable where some things wind up. What year was the dime??
1999, no doubt brought back from a holiday, has a nice shiney black patina though after being in the dark soil.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Fascinating, and thanks for posting the finds up, Tim. Some really nice pieces in there and I'm loving that silver thimble :thumbsup:

Never heard of a concho before. Impressive.
Bigtim1973

The little silver thimble was the first piece of silver I dug at an old house with a Tesoro Silver Sabre 2. I really enjoyed that unit. I believe it was either stepped on or ran over by a lawn mower. I tried to straighten out that thimble as best as possible. It has a nice design to it

A concho is a decorative item on saddles and such. Before they started using bridle rosettes.

They made be called something else in the UK but that is what they're known for here.
Oxgirl

My favourite item is the dog shaped dog tax tag. That’s really cool. The thimble is rather nice too. It looks Victorian so guessing it has some age to it.

I don’t find much jewellery so am always fascinated by rings and pendants. Some of those college ones are very impressive although I guess they aren’t that common a find. Certainly the copper ring you have there is nice and chunky and in great condition - love it!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bigtim1973

Yes finding jewelry was never really something I like to look for. If indigo it up it is a plus.

However after the more modern machines with target ID screens that lock into a target and doesn't jump around so much it makes it somewhat easier to set 9ut and try to find it.

Thanks, yes I too like the old dog tags. They are neat.
Dave The Slave

Thanks, Tim for sharing some of your finds.
You also have some that are very Historical, the Steve Austin camp bullets. Everyone of a certain age in the UK has heard of the Alamo, perhaps apart from the youngsters. Our equivalent of the Alamo, would perhaps be Rorkes Drift, in the Zulu wars of South Africa, although our army was massacred the previous day at Islandwana. Have found a complete Martini Henry round from that era in England but not an actual battle related relic like yours. Those are prized Historical detecting finds you have there.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Bigtim1973

Never head of Rorkes Drift. Will check it out. Thanks for the kind words!!
Dave The Slave

Bigtim1973 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:19 pm Never head of Rorkes Drift. Will check it out. Thanks for the kind words!!
Have you ever seen the film, ZULU, came out in the 60`s, all about the battle, Classic film over here.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.