Club names

Saffron

Most clubs have names reflecting where they are based and ending "Metal Detecting Club" or sometimes "Searchers" or such like. But there are several exceptions to this, often for a logical reason.

Looking at a list of clubs in my region I have just seen one listed, Upton Swingers, and as it is not that far from me that I thought I would look it up.

The results rather shocked me :shock: :shock:

I know that we all swing a detector. But on reflection if anybody is thinking of starting a new metal detecting club its probably not a good idea to name a club "(town name) swingers". Naming it "(town name) Metal Detecting Club" might sound boring but is safer.

Evan
mattjb

Saffron wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:46 am Most clubs have names reflecting where they are based and ending "Metal Detecting Club" or sometimes "Searchers" or such like. But there are several exceptions to this, often for a logical reason.

Looking at a list of clubs in my region I have just seen one listed, Upton Swingers, and as it is not that far from me that I thought I would look it up.

The results rather shocked me :shock: :shock:

I know that we all swing a detector. But on reflection if anybody is thinking of starting a new metal detecting club its probably not a good idea to name a club "(town name) swingers". Naming it "(town name) Metal Detecting Club" might sound boring but is safer.

Evan
Brilliant!
You have to think before you do a search on the internet .
I played football for a local club for around 15 years and a good mate of mine was an assistant to one of the team managers.They needed a new bag to put the match and training balls in and he was given the job of buying one. He did an internet search for a ‘big ball bag’ and wished he hadn’t! You can’t unsee what you’ve seen!
figgis

:lol:
jcmaloney

Loughborough Coin & Search Society (Est 1968)

Loughborough - where we are.
Coin - Started as a Numimatic society.
&
Search - Detecting nod.
Society - an organisation formed for a particular purpose.
Est 1968 - Been around a while!

Simple, harmless and relatively "dull" just how we like it. :thumbsup:
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.