What age is this buckle?

Saffron

I found this nice buckle yesterday, the first signal only 2 steps into the field. Wish I had then packed up.

It measures 2" x1"

Any ideas of its age?

Do not expect any more stories or finds from me for a while. There was light drizzle during the session and after packing up while walking back down a steep bank my feet slipped from under me on the wet grass and I fell heavily landing on the detector. It forced the cable out of the back of the control box leaving 2 bits of the wire in the holes - so 15" coil wrecked and unable to attach another coil, also badly damaged the control box :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out: . But detector fought back and I had a sore rib and bruises!

Evan
Attachments
DSCN0696.JPG
Easylife

Nice find, 1550 - 1650. :thumbsup:
IMG_20210807_154039.jpg
Hope you and your detector make a swift recovery.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Dave The Slave

Well done on the buckle, Evan.
Positive Id from Easy.
Not good about the accident, :thumbdown: at least you were not seriously injured.
Although the same can`t be said for your detector.
Hope you can get it up and running, without having to get a new machine, something not all of us would be able to do.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
figgis

Lovely buckle, Evan, but sounds like it's cost you to find it. Hope you're ok and that the machine's fixable :thumbsup:
HolzHammer

Oooooo that's sounds horrible on many accounts - bad luck! Hope you get yourself and it sorted soon and back out there!
Saffron

Easylife wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:37 pm Nice find, 1550 - 1650. :thumbsup:
IMG_20210807_154039.jpg
Hope you and your detector make a swift recovery.
Cracking ID there Easylife, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments everybody.

I will definately be OK in a day or two. But I am unsure about the detector ... suspect it might be terminal, coil is still under warranty but far from sure if due to way it was damaged if I can get a replacement or it repaired.

Evan
Pete E

Saffron wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Cracking ID there Easylife, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments everybody.

I will definately be OK in a day or two. But I am unsure about the detector ... suspect it might be terminal, coil is still under warranty but far from sure if due to way it was damaged if I can get a replacement or it repaired.

Evan
Cracking find and something I aspire to myself...

With regards your detector, if you have contents insurance on your house, check if it covers items away from home as some policy's do....
bob79

Is that your Equinox you landed on Evan, if so contact Steve at MSR, he's the official repair agent for Minelab.
Email him some pictures and brief description and he will advise you what can be done.

Bob.
Blackadder43

Ouch, hope you're ok fella
As mentioned give people a ring about getting your machine repaired too, and house insurance may cover it, i think its an add on to most policies of accidental damage away from home, covers your property and other peoples too

Take it easy fella
Oxgirl

Gawd hope you are ok Evan :shock: stuff the machine, you are less easily fixed.

Nice buckle - I’d have thought by looking at its shape that it would be later - more 17th century - but I’m not going to pretend to know more than Whitehead or whomever else writes the books :lol:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Saffron

bob79 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:48 pm Is that your Equinox you landed on Evan, if so contact Steve at MSR, he's the official repair agent for Minelab.
Email him some pictures and brief description and he will advise you what can be done.

Bob.
Bob very many thanks for saying about MSR. I had heard of them several years ago but totally forgotten about them. I was going to try the supplier but MSR might be a better choice.

Having checked I can turn the machine on, but it then gives the "Cd" (Coil is disconnected) error - which is valid as I have left a bit of wire in the connector and hence can not attach a coil! - so I hope this means the actual "brains" of the machine are undamaged.

The bottom of the key pad (the bit with the horseshoe, pinpoint and freq buttons) has been forced about 1/4" inch off the lower section of the control unit. Looking at the MSR site they can replace the keypad so hopefully that is the main damage and a new keypad would repair it, as I would expect that the connector can be replaced.

A valid point about the insurance folks ..... in my case it would be an "add on" .... which I do not have :thumbdown:
This was a very "simple accident" that due to ground conditions could happen to anybody so it might be something that others should think about, and learn from my experience rather than their own.

At least I am feeling a lot better now :thumbsup:

Evan
I-Rutus

Evan if you would like to borrow a detector while you get your one sorted, I have an ORX here you can use.

Kevin.
Paint

Glad you’re ok Evan let’s hope the detector is a easy fix as the season is just beginning :thumbsup:
Saffron

I-Rutus wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:08 pm Evan if you would like to borrow a detector while you get your one sorted, I have an ORX here you can use.

Kevin.
Kevin, very many thanks for that very kind offer.

However, I still have the Racer 2 which although traveling a lot of miles in the car boot as a backup has not been used for a couple of years so could do with the dust being knocked off and given a few days out. Although not the level of the Nox it's still a decent machine and I found my share with it so not worried about having to revert to it for a while until I know the fate of the Nox.

Evan