Deus lite day 1

mattjb

Pete E wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:39 pm Agreed the snake artefact is a really beauty..

I have no idea what it is, but that stud looks like it might fit into a "slot and hole" on a leather strap? Can't think just what's its purpose would be, but that's the only thing that springs to mind???
Who knows ? It’s certainly a puzzle with no idea of age or purpose! I first thought the stub might be something that’s snapped off but you’d have expected it to be more central on the oval and if it was a watch winder or key you expect the stub to be opposite the snakes head
Pete E

mattjb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Who knows ? It’s certainly a puzzle with no idea of age or purpose! I first thought the stub might be something that’s snapped off but you’d have expected it to be more central on the oval and if it was a watch winder or key you expect the stub to be opposite the snakes head
Have you sent off pics to your FLO? The item certainly looks to have some age to it, and could be of some significance....
Jamesey1981

Glad to hear you're getting on well with the machine.

There's not too many custom programs that you can load up on a lite, but one I used to find handy when I had one was Sifter, I have linked to Gary Blackwell's video below.

Bear in mind this is an old video from before Hot was a standard program, so he tells you how to set that up first, but you won't need to, and also he says change the discrimination to 0, that was the lowest when he made the video but just leave it on -6.4.

You'll need to use the expert settings on the headphones to do it, as long as your machine is using the version 5.0 software or higher you can access them, there's a page in the manual that sets them out, it's worth screen shotting that page on your phone until you have learned where they all are so you can adjust things in the field easily.

Sifter is a slightly downtuned version of Hot, but feels the same to use, it's handy when you have a particularly noisy field, whether that's due to EMI or ground conditions, I used Hot 99% of the time when I had a lite, and I probably still use it 90% of the time now I have a remote, but it's a handy one to have set up in case you need it.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
mattjb

Jamesey1981 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 am Glad to hear you're getting on well with the machine.

There's not too many custom programs that you can load up on a lite, but one I used to find handy when I had one was Sifter, I have linked to Gary Blackwell's video below.

Bear in mind this is an old video from before Hot was a standard program, so he tells you how to set that up first, but you won't need to, and also he says change the discrimination to 0, that was the lowest when he made the video but just leave it on -6.4.

You'll need to use the expert settings on the headphones to do it, as long as your machine is using the version 5.0 software or higher you can access them, there's a page in the manual that sets them out, it's worth screen shotting that page on your phone until you have learned where they all are so you can adjust things in the field easily.

Sifter is a slightly downtuned version of Hot, but feels the same to use, it's handy when you have a particularly noisy field, whether that's due to EMI or ground conditions, I used Hot 99% of the time when I had a lite, and I probably still use it 90% of the time now I have a remote, but it's a handy one to have set up in case you need it.

Thanks for that Jamesey, I’ll give that a go, my fields are very noisy, I think its mineralisation , very stoney all over so that will definitely be worth a try :thumbsup: