Edward Penny and seal matrix

TheFenTiger

I managed my first day out of the harvest on Thursday. The OSR had been cut in 2 fields and was being bailed in one so I went to the other. Hard going through the stubble and with the ground being surprisingly dry was very hard digging. So much so I broke my roughneck minidigger which was only a matter of time as it had started to split. A quick trip to Wickes secured another and by the time I got back to the field they had finished bailing.

It isn't the best of fields as it had a WW2 runway running through it and only turned up a button before a heavy down pour put a pause on detecting. It looked like a shower so I moved down to the cut barley which hadn't been bailed yet and was next to the field they were cutting. I figured they wouldn't be bailing that day as it was by now too wet. It is my best field so I had high hopes.

It was fairly quiet but a nice signal produced the London Edward penny, clipped but in good condition. A few feet away in a different cut was a fairly deep signal which I just caught a glimpse of and it looked white with writing so careful extraction and out came a nice seal matrix. Not had time to ID either of them yet.

Dave
Easylife

Two very nice finds. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bigtim1973

Excellent digs
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
mattjb

Two crackers there , well done.
The portrait on the penny is really clear.
figgis

Cracking finds, and just reward for braving the OSR stubble. Pity about the spade, but as you say the ground is surprisingly hard beneath the top inch or two.
Oxgirl

Great finds. That seal matrix is a beauty though :Star:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Reiver

Two cracking finds, :thumbsup:
Well found and well saved.