Filming Techniques for Video!

HolzHammer

Evening All,

Hope all well! I was so excited to get on the stubble my disappointment of getting constantly rained off was immeasurable so I decided to end a video for YouTube with a quick look on my current filming techniques and a run through of all the equipment I use.

So if anyone wants to start filming, and it seems that there are more and more, I hope this can be helpful to start making better videos!
Its a bit faffy at first but soon becomes quite natural and its really good fun especially when you get the hang of editing them ( although that is rather time consuming!!!)

Al the Best and hope you are managing to get out and find stuff
Alexander

jcmaloney

Oh lord help us I thought this might be a "Youtube free zone".

See if I wanted to see such stuff, which I don`t, I would just go on Youtube and use the search bar...............
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
Blackadder43

jcmaloney wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:29 pm Oh lord help us I thought this might be a "Youtube free zone".

See if I wanted to see such stuff, which I don`t, I would just go on Youtube and use the search bar...............
Just walk on by then, no need to post negative stuff based on your opinion
Oxgirl

jcmaloney wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:29 pm Oh lord help us I thought this might be a "Youtube free zone".

John we don’t allow the normal YouTube sensational rubbish, only quality video content. Alexander’s videos are a great mix of education on finds, cleaning and responsible detecting. He’s the sort of video content the hobby needs. He detects individually on his own permissions, doesn’t go on rallies, isn’t sponsored and doesn’t dance around every time he finds silver (or even gold). We’ll continue to support him because we think he’s ace :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
mattjb

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:43 pm John we don’t allow the normal YouTube sensational rubbish, only quality video content. Alexander’s videos are a great mix of education on finds, cleaning and responsible detecting. He’s the sort of video content the hobby needs. He detects individually on his own permissions, doesn’t go on rallies, isn’t sponsored and doesn’t dance around every time he finds silver (or even gold). We’ll continue to support him because we think he’s ace :thumbsup:
Yep there’s a lot of YouTube detecting stuff that makes you cringe but Alexander’s and Andy’s are both quality. Alexander especially has his own unique style and is very watchable.You can learn a fair bit from his vids
TerraBritannia

You've done very well with your channel Alexander and your videos are TV worthy. :thumbsup:
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Oxgirl

TerraBritannia wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 pm You've done very well with your channel Alexander and your videos are TV worthy. :thumbsup:
Yours are good too Andy. We’re pleased to have you both here :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bigtim1973

"Bah humbug" 🤣🤣🤣

Alexander's video are how I learned about this forum. I think the people are nice and helpful here.....well, I did think that way a few moments ago.

We all have our moments though!!

I think Alexanders videos are some of the best.

He is very interesting with a vocabulary a few notches above standard. His videos are top notch. Most guys just show the hole and what they dig without saying hardly anything else other than the obvious item they uncovered...or how crummy their outing was.

He shows the landscape and his surroundings. He remembers when he started and is showing people how to record a video as well.

It takes a lot of time and wants to help others. I appreciate that very much.

I enjoyed the video myself!!
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
mattjb

Bigtim1973 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 am "Bah humbug" 🤣🤣🤣

Alexander's video are how I learned about this forum. I think the people are nice and helpful here.....well, I did think that way a few moments ago.

We all have our moments though!!

I think Alexanders videos are some of the best.

He is very interesting with a vocabulary a few notches above standard. His videos are top notch. Most guys just show the hole and what they dig without saying hardly anything else other than the obvious item they uncovered...or how crummy their outing was.

He shows the landscape and his surroundings. He remembers when he started and is showing people how to record a video as well.

It takes a lot of time and wants to help others. I appreciate that very much.

I enjoyed the video myself!!
Same here, discovered this forum through one of Alexander’s vids.
I reckon having a “vocabulary a few notches above standard” and being as well spoken as Alexander must also be very useful when asking for detecting permission!
Easylife

Viewed on my tablet comments are not available on YT. So I'll just say here what great videos Alexander, all really enjoyable and the only MD ones I watch. Your unique style and extra thoughts of filming technique really do polish them off and add extra interest! :thumbsup:
Though on this one at times audio was only on left channel, mono?, external mike? No great issue but a bit wierd when listening through headphones! :D
Keep up the great work, you're a natural! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
HolzHammer

Easylife wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:49 am Viewed on my tablet comments are not available on YT. So I'll just say here what great videos Alexander, all really enjoyable and the only MD ones I watch. Your unique style and extra thoughts of filming technique really do polish them off and add extra interest! :thumbsup:
Though on this one at times audio was only on left channel, mono?, external mike? No great issue but a bit wierd when listening through headphones! :D
Keep up the great work, you're a natural! :thumbsup:
Thanks Easy and everyone! Much appreciated!!!!
Bigtim1973 also alerted me to the audio problem... its a new editing software I am getting to grips with ( Da Vinci Resolve)... some of the audio tracks ( and I was running up to six at a time at one point!) are mono by default and I will have to remember to change them in future!
TerraBritannia

You've shared some very helpful tips Alexander, thanks for that. :thumbsup: I'll try and implement some of them into my videos, although they'll never be as quick and snappy as yours. I have too many long periods of digging up junk, then the odd nice find and if I made them all quick clips, it wouldn't be enough for a video. :D
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Bigtim1973

TerraBritannia wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:16 pm You've shared some very helpful tips Alexander, thanks for that. :thumbsup: I'll try and implement some of them into my videos, although they'll never be as quick and snappy as yours. I have too many long periods of digging up junk, then the odd nice find and if I made them all quick clips, it wouldn't be enough for a video. :D
I saw you commenting on Alexander's video. I see you too have a channel
So I just subscribed too. Will be seeing you later!!
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
figgis

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:03 pm Yours are good too Andy. We’re pleased to have you both here :thumbsup:
Ain't that the truth? Two easygoing, tell-it-like-it-is chaps who are eminently likeable and watchable. Well worthy of support :thumbsup:
Reiver

Thumbs up from me for both Alexander and Andy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Think the videos are well worth watching and I personally really enjoy them,
Keep up the good work guys. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Reiver.