Hello

Rocketfella

Hi to All,
Been detecting for many years, now I live in eastern Spain.
Nothing like being out there digging holes.
Cheers
Easylife

Hi there Rocket. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Hello there, and welcome :thumbsup:

How does Spain compare to here for detecting? Plenty of Roman, I should imagine?

Good to have you here.
Blackadder43

Welcome into the hub :thumbsup:
I'm really interested in seeing the sorts of things you find in Spain, so feel free to flood the hub with some photos if you get the chance :ugeek:
Oxgirl

Welcome from me too :D Looking forward to seeing your finds. Are you inland or a beach person?
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Rocketfella

Here in Spain it depends on which area you live in, there are areas like Andalusia where it is completely prohibited to go detecting inland and you need a permit to go on beaches. Here in Catalonia the law is a bit better (but not by much), basically you can detect inland out of areas of archeological or historical interest (completely sensible), however the authority will stop you, will take your detector away and prosecute you even if you are detecting outside of these areas claiming that any area might become archeological in the future (which is completely nonsensical and perhaps even anti-constitutional). So we are completely screwed here by a backward admin.
It is obvious to anyone that this scenario does not protect our heritage but quite the opposite.
Best to keep to the beaches or go abroad to enjoy our hobby.
Rocketfella

I forgot to say that thanks for the warm welcome, it's great to be part of such a brilliant detecting forum.
Cheers
shaggybfc

Welcome - at least you have nice weather all year round for beach detecting :) I should imagine there's enough lost money and jewellery to keep you busy, but wouldn't expect much historical finds coming up.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Rocketfella

There is a detectorist in North Spain who makes detecting videos inland and has an extremely large following, he is making detecting popular and it seems he goes exactly by the book with regards to his finds. Let's hope his efforts change things in Spain in the near future.