Few finds from a club dig

Kenleyboy

My first club dig today , a first for a very long time as it must be at least two years since we have been able to actually have a proper dig on some of the old stomping grounds .
It was a trip out to sunny Suffolk , another beautiful county hugging the borders of Norfolk and equally as steeped in history as its neighbour .
The weather was overcast but warm to begin with but as the day progressed it was blue skies and sunshine , nice and warm for a change .
It was an early start for me , up at 5-30 am , cup of tea in the garden in semi darkness and utter silence . By the time I had finished my morning cuppa the light was with us and it was time to load the car up and set off , everything checked , boot full and off I went .
I had been to this Farm location before , almost three years ago and time flies too fast as it seemed not that long ago . With fees paid and a quick cuppa and a natter , thirty members set forth with 40 acres at their disposal and with no stubble to contend with , then a pleasant easy walkabout was just the ticket .
It was nice to stop and chat , thats what I like about small club digs , catch up on life and enjoy a not so serious day and with that mindset it wasnt to hard to grasp that it was indeed a tough day for most as far as finds go but to be honest I dont think that mattered too much judging by the vast majority that were content with just standing around and chatting away while the few more hardier souls were on a mission !
The finds were scant with just one hammered coming up yet this field had produced 30 plus just a few seasons back but that was then and this is now and I think most were just glad to be out and about just like old times .
I did ok and was happy with my lot , a few hours here and there in between cups of tea and sandwiches , a leisurely stroll . One interesting item has me baffled , lovely green patina with what looks like two fixing holes and it gave a good signal and was welcomed in amongst the frustrating ring pulls .
20210904_211548_resized[7256]GREEN2.jpg
20210904_211535_resized[7255]GREEN.jpg
My final tally on an enjoyable day , great to catch up with people and just enjoy what the fields have to offer .
20210904_161005_resized[7247]CLUB DIG FINDS .jpg
Blackadder43

Some nice finds there fella for just a leisurely wander :clapping:

Love the garden tea drinking at 5.30, and totally agree with you about the peace and quiet to enjoy your morning brew :thumbsup:
Easylife

It sounds like a very nice nice day. I'm liking the look of the bottom right item, perhaps a strap end separator thingy? :Thinking: :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Sounds like the perfect day to me and Suffolk has some lovely rolling hillside to look at if the finds aren't plentiful. It's also good to catch up properly with old mates, eh?

I agree with Easy - that's a nice little forked spacer from a medieval strap end :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Nice mix of finds there Paul. I’d be very happy with that lot :Party:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
TheFenTiger

Could it be a knife handle?
Dave
Oxgirl

TheFenTiger wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm Could it be a knife handle?
Good shout :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking