A few more bits for ID help please 🙂

TheCodnorDetectorist

Firstly, let me start by saying I am relatively new to metal detecting (or at least the sort where I actually find things) and so a lot of what I post for ID may be really obvious to you guys - I apologise in advance. I'm learning all the time however.

With that in mind, could you guys please offer any thoughts on the below items. I have included a decimal penny for scale in some.

My thanks!
Attachments
This (whatever it is) is heavier than it looks like ot should be.
This (whatever it is) is heavier than it looks like ot should be.
This appears to be the head of a King. It's made of lead. I guess an old toy?
This appears to be the head of a King. It's made of lead. I guess an old toy?
This appears to have some decoration on it.
This appears to have some decoration on it.
mattjb

Top one looks like a small furniture knob like off a drawer , what’s on the narrow end? Any sign of iron where it would have had a threaded bit or a hole for a bolt?
The kings head looks interesting but I haven’t got a clue what it is or how old, same goes for the other bit unfortunately! Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along shortly!
TheCodnorDetectorist

mattjb wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:18 pm Top one looks like a small furniture knob like off a drawer , what’s on the narrow end? Any sign of iron where it would have had a threaded bit or a hole for a bolt?
The kings head looks interesting but I haven’t got a clue what it is or how old, same goes for the other bit unfortunately! Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along shortly!
Thank you!

There is no evidence of Iron on the furniture knob thing. It's very much a stand alone piece.
Oxgirl

Firstly never apologise for an ID. It’s easy to overlook something pretty old, interesting and potentially important so post away :thumbsup: :D

The first item is definitely a furniture knob. Maybe it’s a screw in one? That would explain why there is no iron.

The second is really interesting! It has a romantic feel about it so it reminds me of the romantic revival period towards the end of the Victorian era. Could be very wrong though so please do show it to your finds liaison officer to make absolutely sure.

No idea on the third item though - sorry :geek:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
TheCodnorDetectorist

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:38 pm Firstly never apologise for an ID. It’s easy to overlook something pretty old, interesting and potentially important so post away :thumbsup: :D

The first item is definitely a furniture knob. Maybe it’s a screw in one? That would explain why there is no iron.

The second is really interesting! It has a romantic feel about it so it reminds me of the romantic revival period towards the end of the Victorian era. Could be very wrong though so please do show it to your finds liaison officer to make absolutely sure.

No idea on the third item though - sorry :geek:
Thank you very much!

So you think it's worth sending a picture of the King's head to the FLO?

Thanks again 🙂
Easylife

Third one is part of a lamp fitting, Victorian onwards. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Dave The Slave

Second picture reminds me of a Knight, Crusader era as portrayed in the classic Robin Hood film with Errol.
No harm in sending a photo to the FLO.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Allectus

Modern, three armed lamp hanger fragment(btm) :thumbdown: