Ring minus stone, any ideas?

Easylife

I lost a hammered once and never thought that I would ever see it again. But a few weeks later by pure chance I found it again stuck to the bottom of a plastic bag. I've absolutely no idea how it got to where it was but just very pleased for it to be reunited. :D
I have misplaced a few others but when backtracking they are usually to be found between the appropriate page in the Spinks book! :lol:
I hope that the Tealby shows up. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Yip, the detecting world is made up of those who have lost stuff and those who haven't yet but will. Thought I'd lost a lovely Saxon cruciform brooch terminal and Roman Samian ware once, but it fortunately turned out to be my memory had gone for a wander and I'd left them with the FLO for drawing :lol:

Your coin has to be in the house somewhere and will no doubt turn up in short order. It'll be one of those, "What the hell did I put it there for?" moments. I have them all the time :D
Steve_JT

A good tip for finding things lost on the floor, hard or carpeted, get a small flashlight / torch (LED is best) low on the floor and move the torch around so the light is spanning the floor, get down eyelevel with the floor, you will be surprised how far they roll or make it, and what else you might find :lol: (i know from experience :pulling hair out: )

Check the paper towel too if you've thrown it away, trouser turnups, in you footwear that you were wearing at the loss time, hope it turns up :thumbsup:

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Beckybue

Thank you so much to everyone for the support and tips on how to locate it. My eldest son came home from work at midnight and casually found the coin on the sofa next to the dog! No idea how it got there as I hadn’t been in that room at all yesterday (I blame the dog). I’m absolutely thrilled to be reunited with my baby though 😀.
Easylife

Steve_JT wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:50 am A good tip for finding things lost on the floor, hard or carpeted, get a small flashlight / torch (LED is best) low on the floor and move the torch around so the light is spanning the floor, get down eyelevel with the floor, you will be surprised how far they roll or make it, and what else you might find :lol: (i know from experience :pulling hair out: )
I often do that for tiny items, like last week when I dropped a tiny grubscrew on the kitchen floor. I couldn't find it so dropped another one to see how far it went to limit the search area, it was hiding under a cable! :D
If very unlucky you might have then lost two! :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.