A good fossil!!!!

HolzHammer

Evening All,
I was on a done to death Roman patch for an hour on Sunday - couldn't have mattered less there were few pickings as the weather was glorious!
Anyway I made a mini video - its only 55 seconds long - showing the most wonderful fossil I found... usually its all gryphaea, belemnites and echinoids ( if you know what I mean!) but this one was a bit different....

its here:

Thanks for watching if you do; its really fun editing these short films - the skill is keeping them short, not a long rambling one of "Oh, look its another piece of lead/ shot gun cap/ bit of foil" Yawn!

All the Best and hope you are all finding a bit!
Alexander
Blackadder43

Great fossil find that :clapping:
And even though you say its done to death, you still winkled a few coins out and a nice fossil
You need to start looking for the finds that are masked by iron, tiny squeaks in amongst an iron sound, even a flake of iron can be enough on a fast swing speed to mask a coin

You're right with the tube videos, they say the average attention span is around the 10 minute range, anything above that then it has to be very interesting to hold folks attention
But, you are quite unique in a few ways and that also shines out in your videos, same with Andy Terra Brittania and his videos, no nonsense, quirky and interesting :clapping:
Keep it up fella :thumbsup:
HolzHammer

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:22 pm Great fossil find that :clapping:
And even though you say its done to death, you still winkled a few coins out and a nice fossil
You need to start looking for the finds that are masked by iron, tiny squeaks in amongst an iron sound, even a flake of iron can be enough on a fast swing speed to mask a coin

You're right with the tube videos, they say the average attention span is around the 10 minute range, anything above that then it has to be very interesting to hold folks attention
But, you are quite unique in a few ways and that also shines out in your videos, same with Andy Terra Brittania and his videos, no nonsense, quirky and interesting :clapping:
Keep it up fella :thumbsup:
Thanks BA! The main thing about that field is that I know it has been steadily harvested yearly by seasoned detectorists... they have left it alone recently but it never sees the plough anymore.... it is eerily quiet.... no cartridge caps, buttons or little bits of lead it has all been got... I don't know anywhwere else quite like it... just pottery everywhere and no non ferrous metal...
Anyway its lovely for an hour in the sun but rather soul destroying too when you know a field that had everything is so deathly quiet...
Oh well, hope all well!
A
Oxgirl

Very, very nice fossil. I find parts of those sometimes but never a whole one. Good finds indeed. The site looks lovely, nice short stubble, even if finds are now harder to find :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Nice find. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.