Commonwealth penny

mattjb

Jamesey1981 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 pm Places you have gone over with the explorer is exactly where you would want to try out a higher reactivity, you'll have got the deep ones with no iron nearby with the explorer, get right into the bits where the explorer was giving you an ear bashing with high reactivity and I bet you'll pick out some bits that the explorer missed.
Out of interest,which coil do you use on the deus in that situation? I’ve got the 11” x35 but was wondering whether to invest in one of the hf coils for winkling out stuff in the iron.Bit of an outlay so any opinions on whether it’s worth it would be great. Seems a lot of people love the hf coils and use little else but others say they mainly use an x35
Jamesey1981

mattjb wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 pm Out of interest,which coil do you use on the deus in that situation? I’ve got the 11” x35 but was wondering whether to invest in one of the hf coils for winkling out stuff in the iron.Bit of an outlay so any opinions on whether it’s worth it would be great. Seems a lot of people love the hf coils and use little else but others say they mainly use an x35
I only have one coil for the deus, and it's a nine inch pre x35 black coil.

The x35 is the one I would use to be honest as its a good all rounder but an 11 inch will make it a bit more difficult than it is for me to get into the iron as your coil has more ground coverage.

I would say the HF elliptical would be the best choice, as having it very narrow is a good thing, but all the frequencies on those are very high indeed.

Even with your 11 inch x35, you probably have a coil the same size or bigger on the explorer, and it's a much slower machine, so the deus will finds stuff it missed if there was stuff there for it to miss.

If it were me, I would see if there were any targets there for the explorer to miss before shelling out and use what I have, it will miss targets that are close to iron, but that doesn't mean there were necessarily any there for it to miss, find that out before spending extra cash.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Saffron

That is a very nice find. A Commonwealth coin is on most detectorists wish list.

Although I am not a Deus user it is great to see information about settings and advice for difficult conditions being so freely shared to help others.

Evan
Jamesey1981

Saffron wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 pm That is a very nice find. A Commonwealth coin is on most detectorists wish list.

Although I am not a Deus user it is great to see information about settings and advice for difficult conditions being so freely shared to help others.

Evan
I was pretty happy once I had recovered from my initial confusion!

I like to share my settings if I have done something unusual, I know the Deus pretty well, as do a fair few people on here, but I don't know everything and I like to hear about it if someone has done something that works that I didn't know about.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
mattjb

Jamesey1981 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm I only have one coil for the deus, and it's a nine inch pre x35 black coil.

The x35 is the one I would use to be honest as its a good all rounder but an 11 inch will make it a bit more difficult than it is for me to get into the iron as your coil has more ground coverage.

I would say the HF elliptical would be the best choice, as having it very narrow is a good thing, but all the frequencies on those are very high indeed.

Even with your 11 inch x35, you probably have a coil the same size or bigger on the explorer, and it's a much slower machine, so the deus will finds stuff it missed if there was stuff there for it to miss.

If it were me, I would see if there were any targets there for the explorer to miss before shelling out and use what I have, it will miss targets that are close to iron, but that doesn't mean there were necessarily any there for it to miss, find that out before spending extra cash.
Thanks for that Jamesey, I use a 12x10 and 8x6 SEF coils on the explorer and as you say giving it a go with the 11” x35 before shelling out is probably the best bet!