Ears only find !!

Dave The Slave

Back out to my permission for the first time this season, which is now the 5th there albeit a different field.
Also able to bring along my Detecting buddy and show her a few of the places i had made finds in seasons past, prior to the actual detecting.
Weather was exceptionally warm and dry, which was a bonus considering it was supposed to be light rain showers, with a 50% chance of rain.
Ground was rock hard, having said that signals were fairly sparse. Once again i was out detected by my friend, not that i mind at all. Her best find being the Sword Hanger attachment, to which she also found one of the rivets nearby that are invariably missing. Have found exact matches on PAS and the date range is 1500-1700, good Historical find from this new field. Co incidentally, 3 seasons ago i had managed to find the larger plate, that 3 of these would have hung from, not the same one as that was about 2 miles away.
Nice musket ball came up right at the end, also found a semi circle of lead and was surprised it weighed 11.5oz. None of these were my items.Image
Having got back to the car my friends phone was missing. Luckily she knew the route through the field she had detected. Ringing her phone every few meters nothing. Went to the furthest place nothing, must have tried around 15 times, problem was it could only ring 5 times before reverting back to answer call. Had a Vincent Van Gogh moment enter my head, where i had an incoming call from one of the stalks of stubble, due to the amount of calls, " Why are you disturbing us about a phone ? don`t you realise we`ve all had our ears cut off " Decided to go further back and Bingo! phone was heard and my friend quickly scampered there and retrieved it before the 5 rings were done. So although not a detecting find, that was a most welcome find for me.
Ears only, must a be first on here.
Cheers everyone, :thumbsup:
Dave.
shaggybfc

Nice belt hanger :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Saffron

SNAP !!!

As soon as I saw the photo I recognised it as it is identical to one I found a couple of years ago and was ready to give the ID, but you already had identified it. Coincidentally also found when detecting with a lady.

Evan
Attachments
swordpendant.jpg
Blackadder43

Sounds like a great day out there Dave :thumbsup:
Shame you didnt video the looking for the phone venture....i think that would have paired well with the Benny Hill theme tune :lol:
figgis

An eventful day, Dave, and I'm sure you'll be equalling if not exceeding your detecting partner's finds before much longer. I know it's not a competition, but it's nice to share the good finds :thumbsup:
Easylife

Nice sword belt fitting. :thumbsup:
Glad that your friend found their phone. I dropped mine last night onto concrete and the screen shattered! :o They're cheap and easy enough to replace yourself though. :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Lovely to hear you are getting out detecting and enjoying the good weather and company. You need to start winning a few of the detecting finds challengers though :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Dave The Slave

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:29 pm Lovely to hear you are getting out detecting and enjoying the good weather and company. You need to start winning a few of the detecting finds challengers though :thumbsup:
Currently losing 2-7 in that perspective, however i am about to claw that back to 3-6 via a humble shottie, which will be given its own post later as it is special.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.