Zoomorphic sword belt hanger

Johntp

Took a drive down to Pembrokeshire early Monday morning arriving at my permission just as the mist was beginning to lift. managed to find 5 grotty toasted copper coins a hand full of buttons and all the usual bag full of rubbish, then a nice Zoomorphic sword belt hanger turned up to save the day, looks to me to have a dragons head at the end of the hook, I'm going to stick with the dragons head as it was found in Wales and we all know there be Dragons in them Welsh hills. just then a heard of cows moved into the field I was in, of course they took an instant liking for me and started to advance on me at the gallop, lucky enough I was close enough to a gate and was able to make my escape just before they managed to corner me in the field. Having moved to a field with no more inquisitive cows I then found a lonely teddy bear, poor wee fella was out in the middle of the field face down in the grass, so I took him back to the gate and left him sitting there, hopefully one of the locals will recognise him and take him home. Happy day's.
1sta.jpg
rsz_1st.jpg
rsz_2nd.jpg
rsz_3rd.jpg
rsz_img_20210920_162549782_burst000_cover.jpg
Oxgirl

Well that’s a new one on me! I never knew they made them with fancier hooks so will need to take a bit more notice if I ever find another one. Those Tudor/ Stuart lot liked a bit of fancy extras on their stuff :D

Looks like you had a beautiful day for your trip out. Loving the 🧸 and hope it’s owner comes back to find it. Maybe they were also trying to escape the inquisitive cows? ;)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

It looks like you had a pleasant morning with a nice find too. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Dave The Slave

Well that`s different and agree with the Dragon which is apt for a Welsh find.
Just caused me to check the one that was found on Sunday in front of me but that is just the standard round tip on the hook.
Teddy on detector threw me, as i looked at photos before reading your story, had a flashback to the Wombles :?
Thanks for sharing something different to the norm.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Blackadder43

Looks like "Elliot" as in Petes dragon :ugeek:
Ok, i'll get me coat

Great find though
Makes you wonder what a teddy bear was doing out there though :shock:
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:57 pm Makes you wonder what a teddy bear was doing out there though :shock:
Well if you go down to the woods today......? :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.