Oh great, detecting on Coronation Street.

bob79

One of the characters on Coronation Street has got a cheap detector, showing the front page of the local rag with a hoard of Roman coins found locally with the same detector.
Then he says I'm going up the woods, no mention of getting permission.
:thumbdown:

Bob :thumbdown:
Oxgirl

Oh dear :o
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
bob79

Part of a storyline, think there is a body buried up the woods, said they have got every right to go foraging in the woods after being chased off by the murdeder.
figgis

It's a drama and you wouldn't really expect them to have a scene where Ena Sharples signs a 50-50 contract witnessed by Minnie Caldwell. Writing teams do research some subject matter but by no means all. Just hope nothing untoward happens in the reasl world as a result.
Bors

It`s a bit like Emmerdale, they are tiny litte places in either a remote "Village" or a street of a Cities outskirts yet ,there`s more goings on in them than if it was in itself a `metropolis `. When I was very little we lived in a two up, two down house in a Street probably looking very similar to Coronation street. Nothing ever happened in that street except the normal habitation goings on , no pub, shop, garage or restaurant/bar . Yet ! Coronation street gets packed into it a Pub, a Corner shop ,a Garage, A restaurant and bar , has had numerous Expolsions, Big Fires, Killings, probably more over its existence in 62 years than most `normal`streets will ever see.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Easylife

Even if they added detecting to all the soaps storylines I still wouldn't watch any of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bors

Easylife wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:28 am Even if they added detecting to all the soaps storylines I still wouldn't watch any of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me neither. I would rather watch a blank screen. :D But The Mrs watches them ALL. Coronation St, Eastenders , Holby City, Emmerdale , and other regular trash such as Homes in the Sun, Homes under the hammer , ect ect ect , OH ! it goes on and on. Brainwashed with the lot of them, and then I get the wonderful job of having to delete all the recorded programmes off the Sky recording bank :shock:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen