Nice key, but how old?.

Saffron

Out today on a club dig, the first club one since lockdown. I appreciated the chairperson arranging a dig to mark my birthday. But gutted he did not provide a cake! - but doubt if club funds could have afforded that many candles🤣.
Ground was very dry but still managed 3 keys, one of which has a fair bit of age to it and I really like, a ladies watch and a few coins.
Anybody like to make a guess on the age of that fancy key?. Its thin so for something like a small box rather than something substantial. Tudor????

Evan
Attachments
DSCN0738.JPG
Easylife

That's an interesting looking key, but I bet the first glimpse of that gold plated watch got you going for a minute! :D :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Saffron

Easylife wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm That's an interesting looking key, but I bet the first glimpse of that gold plated watch got you going for a minute! :D :thumbsup:
It would have if I had seen the front first, but saw the back and realised what it was before turning it over.

Evan
Blackadder43

That middle key reminds me of my nans very old and very large wardrobe, it had keys that looked very similar
The lock it opens doesnt look too complicated either
Nice finds though, i do love me a key to pop up :thumbsup:

And a very happy birthday to you fella....glad you did the best thing you can do on birthdays and go digging :Party:
Oxgirl

Firstly happy birthday :Party: Glad you had a club dig in your honour and delighted you had an interesting bag of finds 8-)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking