brain teaser for ID

Kenleyboy

Looking for a possible ID on this odd little item which does appear to have some age to it . It measures 30 mm x 30 mm .
The part which looks like a barrel is hollow and has two grooved line which are present on the short sides and along one of the longer edges . To the rear of this it is plain . The plate or wing protruding appears to be intact and has no broken edges so I am assuming this is the actual original shape .
On the hollow side there is a small nodule which could have been the remains of a longer bar that has broken away . Looking at it , the bar may have gone across to join the other edge but this area is broken away . My guess is maybe something to do with a belt or reigns .
Any help very much appreciated . Thankyou .
object 1.jpg
object 2.jpg
object 3.jpg
object 4.jpg
Easylife

That looks pretty old, I guess that it is broken and the edges have just rounded off. :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Steve_JT

Could it be a pot part, one of the suspension points?

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Easylife

It looks really thin so maybe was just for decoration than function? :Thinking:
Kenleyboy

Easylife wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:28 pm It looks really thin so maybe was just for decoration than function? :Thinking:
It is an odd one . Quite heavy despite the fragile appearance . The "wing" is very stable and will not bend although I wouldn't want to apply too much pressure . The edges of the wing also look clean and do not appear to be rough so I am pretty sure this is one complete piece and not been broken .The more I look at the nodule piece to the rear I am convinced this was a complete bar or hoop which was attached to the opposite end but this area is missing .
Easylife

I feel that a positive ID will be made for this at some point. :thumbsup: