A tiny soldier.

Sensorman

In the excitement of finding my first two Roman coins (posted separately), this tiny soldier showed up. It appears to be made from some light alloy and it's so delicate I don't think it's from a toy. Could it be from a regimental hat badge? I've scrolled through hundreds of images on Pinterest and can't find anything remotely like it. So I have to admit - I'm stumped :? :?: If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very happy.
Soldier_L.jpg
Soldier_R.jpg
Dave The Slave

Strange that he is carrying what looks like a full scale sword.
Headwear reminds me of the German WW1 spiked Pickelhaube helmet and the backpack seems familiar to that era.
Just my thoughts, may be entirely wrong..
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

At first glance I wondered if it was a whistle but they have a hollow piece running through them and yours looks solid. Very interesting and looks much earlier than the usual Victorian stuff. Like it :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Sensorman

Dave The Slave wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 pm Strange that he is carrying what looks like a full scale sword.
Headwear reminds me of the German WW1 spiked Pickelhaube helmet and the backpack seems familiar to that era.
Just my thoughts, may be entirely wrong..
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Thanks Dave, Yes, I too thought the helmet looked unusual but thought it could be a pith helmet of the time of the Boer war when the uniform was still red and the officers carried swords. But the fact that he is shouldering a rifle is confusing. I didn’t think officers carried rifles. Also the sword hilt looks old not like an officer’s sabre. Confusing. :?
Sensorman

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:05 pm At first glance I wondered if it was a whistle but they have a hollow piece running through them and yours looks solid. Very interesting and looks much earlier than the usual Victorian stuff. Like it :thumbsup:
Thanks OG, yes he is solid and I agree that it does look a bit earlier than Victorian. An interesting one. :thumbsup:
Dave The Slave

Sensorman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm Thanks OG, yes he is solid and I agree that it does look a bit earlier than Victorian. An interesting one. :thumbsup:
Agree about the sword much earlier and more Heavy duty, like a knights sword.
Interesting !!