Cut quarter

Oxgirl

mattjb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:41 pm Nice find. I’ve only ever found one cut quarter and that was years ago with the explorer.
Was that on your usual deus hot program with just the reactivity changed to 2.5 Cath?
Apologies I missed your question. Yup HOT and just changed reactivity to 2.5 with the X35 11” coil :thumbsup: The area where this one was found is very iron infested so actually the HF coil would have been better. In fact the HF coil (mine is elliptical) found me my first cut quarter and a lot of round farthings and halves, but the 11” certainly does the business too, although it can take a little longer to pinpoint :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
mattjb

Oxgirl wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:56 pm Apologies I missed your question. Yup HOT and just changed reactivity to 2.5 with the X35 11” coil :thumbsup: The area where this one was found is very iron infested so actually the HF coil would have been better. In fact the HF coil (mine is elliptical) found me my first cut quarter and a lot of round farthings and halves, but the 11” certainly does the business too, although it can take a little longer to pinpoint :D
Cheers, I have been wondering whether it's worth getting an hf coil,I think it could be given there is a lot of iron/mineralisation on my main permission.It would be interesting to do an area with the 11"x35 and then redo it with an hf another day with a high frequency and see if it picks out any small items.
They aren't cheap though!
Blackadder43

That is a cracker of a quarter too :clapping:
Definately not missing stuff if you're finding those thats for sure :thumbsup: