Tale of a Field Part 3

HolzHammer

Right gonna keep this a slick as poss:

Recap - Part I - after days of plodding and plotting a large field( finding literally nothing) I eventually arrived at the last corner and came across 1. A ring ( tat) 2. An early sestertius 3.A battered hammered coin ( ID uncertain) and a medieval strap end in quick succession - got very excited as, uncertain of age of ring, I thought I may have come across a roman spot...

Part 2 - I returned the following day and combed a further small area 1, Papal Bulla of Boniface VIIII and 2. pilgrim's ampulla found among other lesser bits and bobs.. got excited,

Part 3. Returned yesterday and continued the combing of the bit I hadn't covered in Part 2... fewer artefacts - the odd belt mount etc. lots more buttons and these four bits of silver. Got excited.

There is a lot of large stone work all over the place too; does not look natural to me but roughly hewn and all the same type of stone.. and some nice decorated pottery too. I have been really busy today so have not sorted it all and I have a really busy few days ahead so will not get back til Wednesday earliest.... but all pottery and stones etc and all finds will be out on YouTube on Friday if I get the time to edit it all into a fun film (sorry to those of which I know the mention of YT will rile).

So thanks for reading!!! And any help on the silver and cut half and half groat ( Edward III?) much appreciated! Don't know what the funny bit of lead is .. can only think small farm token...

All the B and hope you are all finding a bit!
Alexander
Attachments
AVW_5451.jpeg
AVW_5454.jpeg
Allectus

Edward III Durham penny, John the Blind Luxembourg sterling, long x in need of a clean & Edward III York groat.

A ;)
Oxgirl

4 in one day? :shock: Never managed that yet. Very pleased for you Alexander. Assume you have found the site of a house. Double check the south east side of the stone spread in case there are anymore :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Oooooh, there must be a name for that many silvers in a session
Great to see your finds and gives hope to the rest of us who have yet to venture into a field :lol:

Keep it up fella, you almost have the family silver there :clapping:
HolzHammer

Allectus wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:12 pm Edward III Durham penny, John the Blind Luxembourg sterling, long x in need of a clean & Edward III York groat.

A ;)
John the Blind...?! Crikey ... Thanks Allectus (someone's had their weetabix!)
Oxgirl

HolzHammer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 am John the Blind...?! Crikey ... Thanks Allectus (someone's had their weetabix!)
Check out the sterlings imitation website for more info , if you haven’t already :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:39 pm Oooooh, there must be a name for that many silvers in a session
There's certainly a name for the one who finds them! :lol:

Great session you had there :thumbsup:
HolzHammer

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am Check out the sterlings imitation website for more info , if you haven’t already :D
Yes that’s jolly good - I got in touch with the creator when I found one the other day… he was very helpful
Reiver

Wow !
Four in a day , there must be a name for that, I certainly know the name of the finder of four in a day :lol:

What a session, well done Alexander.

Loving the videos, best videos around for me , by far , ( even if the sound is iffy at times )
Keep up the good work!
:clapping:
Reiver.
HolzHammer

Reiver wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm Wow !
Four in a day , there must be a name for that, I certainly know the name of the finder of four in a day :lol:

What a session, well done Alexander.

Loving the videos, best videos around for me , by far , ( even if the sound is iffy at times )
Keep up the good work!
:clapping:
Reiver.
Thanks Reiver, much appreciated- it’s a bu**er the sound sometimes… it’s always so dammed windy in the middle of open fields! But I’m working on it!