At last…looks like a new machine is coming soon

Easylife

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:43 am I had a Nox 800 for about 18mths, but then sold it. Aside from not being a great fan of the tones, the lack of any gain control...
But the sensitivity is adjustable.
I guess that there can be some variables of the same machine giving us some different experiences. I always use the WM08 unit and have had no issues with it. I've never used a CTX but know that they are very capable. It's great to find the ideal detectors for your land and be very comfortable with them. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
HolzHammer

Pete E wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:15 pm No offence, but if you are hunting down south, you don't really know what coke infested ground is! When I used a Racer 2 I quickly learnt what coke or cinders should sound like/ come up on the display, but I was still digging *a lot* of the stuff because much of it was coming up like good targets rather than where it should be...

But this is on farm land that had been industrialised in the late 1700's through to the mid 1900's, much of it former coal mines or associated with the railways....Add to that the old practice of ash tipping from domestic coal fires, and you can perhaps under stand the scale of the issue....
No offence taken Pete but its a little presumptuous of you... I extensively detect the pasture of North Wales where acres and acres are full of nothing but lead and coke.... and I still don't dig it!!!!!!! When I hear coke, on my settings, ( no read out, figures or lines only sound) I know what it is and I do not dig it - if you can't hear it with the deus then bad luck!
Pete E

HolzHammer wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:05 pm No offence taken Pete but its a little presumptuous of you... I extensively detect the pasture of North Wales where acres and acres are full of nothing but lead and coke.... and I still don't dig it!!!!!!! When I hear coke, on my settings, ( no read out, figures or lines only sound) I know what it is and I do not dig it - if you can't hear it with the deus then bad luck!
In that case I tip my hat to you and I am genuinely pleased you are getting such good results...There are plenty of improvements I would like to see ML offer on the next incarnation of the Nox, but if XP offer them first, I have no brand loyalty. Learning a whole new completely different machine would be daunting, but if it were able to deliver significantly improvements over the Nox I would give it a go....
Blackadder43

Pete E wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:11 pm
In that case I tip my hat to you and I am genuinely pleased you are getting such good results...There are plenty of improvements I would like to see ML offer on the next incarnation of the Nox, but if XP offer them first, I have no brand loyalty. Learning a whole new completely different machine would be daunting, but if it were able to deliver significantly improvements over the Nox I would give it a go....
I echo the above 100%
I have no brand loyalty and am waiting eagerly to see what XP can deliver, if anything at all
The tone change would be a pain, but i am getting to the stage where the Nox is going to become a problem swinging due to its weight and an old arm injury that has just struck back with a vengeance
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:28 pm The tone change would be a pain.
Maybe a bit of a new learning curve though hopefully not too difficult to adjust from what you have become accustomed to, so will naturally seem a bit alien at first if you chose that option. I was used to the Deus in full tones then ran the Nox in 50 tones which was very different but soon got used to it and much prefer the response of the Nox now. Though I quite feel that the Deus actually gave more target info through it's tones within it's own limitations so can kind of understand why some just use tones alone. The stranger thing was going from the more standard 0 - 99 TID to the more compressed 0 - 40 of the Nox, but still even that didn't take long to get used to, though I find it to be pretty solid and much more reliable. So I guess that even reverting the opposite way some would soon just naturally adjust if needed? :Thinking: :thumbsup:
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:28 pm I am getting to the stage where the Nox is going to become a problem swinging due to its weight and an old arm injury that has just struck back with a vengeance.
You just need to try a bungee, they really do make it effortless! :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

Easylife wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 am You just need to try a bungee, they really do make it effortless! :thumbsup:
lol...vanity causes me to refuse to succumb to using a bungee
I like new toys too, so i am really hoping that XP can pull something out of the bag :thumbsup:
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am lol...vanity causes me to refuse to succumb to using a bungee
I like new toys too, so i am really hoping that XP can pull something out of the bag :thumbsup:
Well let's just hope so (but not holding breath)! There's nowt wrong with a bungee if it helps to keep yer stick up all day! :D :lol: :thumbsup:
HolzHammer

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am lol...vanity causes me to refuse to succumb to using a bungee
What’s a bungee?!!!
Steve_JT

Trying hard not to add any innuendo but it does help to keep your shaft short to reduce the weight when swinging all day, especially at the later part of the day to reduce the fatigue on the arm and body, that goes for any machine

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
figgis

After all the speculation and not unexpected discussion on the pros and cons of this machine over that, what are the odds that the "new machine" turns out to be nothing of the sort? XP branded wellies, perhaps. Or a software update that plays Happy Days Are Here Again when you find gold.

Do we know it's going to be a new machine? I haven't looked as I'm not bothered.
Easylife

Perhaps the Evolution is a pocket for emergency bog roll in their new backpack? :lol:
mattjb

Easylife wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 am Maybe a bit of a new learning curve though hopefully not too difficult to adjust from what you have become accustomed to, so will naturally seem a bit alien at first if you chose that option. I was used to the Deus in full tones then ran the Nox in 50 tones which was very different but soon got used to it and much prefer the response of the Nox now. Though I quite feel that the Deus actually gave more target info through it's tones within it's own limitations so can kind of understand why some just use tones alone. The stranger thing was going from the more standard 0 - 99 TID to the more compressed 0 - 40 of the Nox, but still even that didn't take long to get used to, though I find it to be pretty solid and much more reliable. So I guess that even reverting the opposite way some would soon just naturally adjust if needed? :Thinking: :thumbsup:
I guess it depends on which machine you have just changed from when you buy a new machine with different tones. I bought a deus lite in June and was using an explorer xs before that in open screen on conductive tones. I found i picked up using the deus on full tones in the hot program really quickly even though they are completely different to the explorer. Watching loads of YouTube vids about the deus before I bought one helped for sure.
I found it much more difficult when I switched from a one bleep tone Garrett treasure ace 300 to the explorer though, took months and months to get used to it !
Pete E

Easylife wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:26 am Perhaps the Evolution is a pocket for emergency bog roll in their new backpack? :lol:
Hey, that backpack so appeals to the tackle tart in me, and I am not even a Deus user! :D
Charles Abbeyville

They will have to tell us quickly because (if it is a new machine) Deus sales will now stop, who will buy a deus now knowing a new one is on the way :shock: