New season, new gaff, same old nonsense

figgis

Well, I must say the new pavillion's looking quite the ticket. Very dapper. The management look a bit ropey, mind, but I see a lot of familiar faces lining the bar, which is a comfort. Trouble is, of course, they've all heard my stories before. Mark you, that's never stopped Guppy "Guppy" McGuppy-Guppy who bores everyone rigid on a regular basis with his tale of the village constable, the landlady and the llama with a wooden lip, but I digress...

What ho,

Thought I'd find out if me fave permission had had a trim, so I fired up the Jenks and headed over for a look-see. Normally, this farm is one of the last to bring in the crops but I was delighted to see the one on the Roman field gone. So after a few celebratory gins I selected the titanium & lapis lazuli Deus from the bag, dialled in the Ultimate program and set off across the stubble.

Good though it was to be back, fresh stubble and I have an uneasy relationship at best. Basically, we have a cordial dislike of one another. Those who know me are aware that I've never held back from administering a decent thrashing when it's required (and often when it's not) but fresh stubble refuses to be broken no matter how hard one pounds it. However, noticing that some sections were flattened where the straw baler had been driven gave me an idea and I had Great Aunt roll about on the stubble ahead of me to flatten it a tad. The screams of pain were irritatingly making their way through the headphones but that was a small price to pay for making decent headway :thumbsup:

The ground was dry though diggable but because I was going over old ground the signals were few. Found an ancient piece of bronze and a 1913 George V halfpenny which had been shot (uncle Bungletrap must have been here some time) but nothing of note was turning up. Getting short of breath and gin, I decided to call it a day and asked for one last decent signal, please. But it wasn't until ten yards from the jalopy, with the final ball of the innings, that the field delivers as it always does and this little chap turned up:
Saxon small-long (2).jpg
Doesn't look much, does it, but it's the foot of a Saxon small-long brooch :thumbsup:

Looks like we're up and running again and if the field's ploughed again this year then there's all to play for. It's good to be back at the wicket :D

Pip pip :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

How i've missed your antics with Great aunt and Jenkins....No uncle Bungletrap today?
Disappointing :cry:

Great find though, and great knowledge to know what that is :thumbsup:
Bodes well for when that stubble rots down a bit, or Great aunt does some more rolling around on it.... Bless her wrinkled stockings :lol:
figgis

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:51 pm Bless her wrinkled stockings :lol:
Wrinkled? Yes, a bit. But "punctured" would be more accurate :thumbsup:
Easylife

Great that the land has become available again. :thumbsup:
I recognized it because it's the bit missing from mine. :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.