Want to win this? Only special prizes here!

Oxgirl

Bonjour lovely Hub friends. We never did a prize draw for our first birthday which we’ve been feeling guilty about so when I spotted the opportunity to order one of these very hard to buy Roman cups I grasped it as a present that the majority of you would appreciate. For those of you who don’t understand the choice of this item you do need to understand that I do love Roman things, just not the darn coins :D . And an opportunity to own such a splendid item and shock your in laws, partners and elderly aunt just had to be grasped :angel: !

Obviously it’s phallic, but it’s history innit so it’s allowed :mrgreen: It’s an exact replica of a Roman cup found in Cambridgeshire and the original is at the British Museum (details below). They are sold out but I managed to get a pre order one for the next batch so think yourself lucky!

Note all photos are copyright ‘Potted History’ - the actual one you’ll win is still in production!
13083E0F-2233-47C8-BE8B-26A5F239A6AB.jpeg
F6998BBD-70C6-4EBC-B1C0-32439447D883.jpeg
Want to win it?

Once we get to 400 members anyone who has done a post in the previous 4 weeks will be eligible. You can earn an extra entry for every new member you bring to the forum from today until we hit the 400 member mark and entries are closed. They (the new member) just need to mention you in their first post. We hope this rewards all you who share info about this forum with others, because we really appreciate it and want to say thank you!

This item is made by the lovely people at Potted History who do superb replicas of historical pottery. Worth checking them out!

Description

This type of drinking cup, depicting flying phalli, was popular in Roman Britain during the third and fourth centuries. The symbol of the phallus is a representation of the deity Fascinus, who was believed to bring good luck to those who embraced his phallic emblem. May every sip you take from this cup bring you good luck!

This particularly magnificent design is based on a cup that was excavated in Cambridgeshire and is amongst the treasure that grace the display cases in the British Museum.

Made primarily in the Nene Valley around the present day Peterborough, the dark colour coat finish made use of materials from the Romano British Iron industries in the area. These pots were distributed widely throughout the province of Britannia and are found extensively on Hadrian's Wall.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
I-Rutus

oh, that is very nice :thumbsup:
Jamesey1981

That's definitely top of my list of "things I didn't know I needed"

They have some good stuff on their site, I like the Roman cheese press, might order one.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Blackadder43

Am i allowed to enter?
I need one of these for when i have guests around me house, which is not very often :lol:

Great prize :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Blackadder43 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:53 pm Am i allowed to enter?
No :mrgreen: but I can send you a framed photo :|
Easylife

Like that's not gonna easily get knocked over, such an impracticle design! :roll: :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Jamesey1981 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:59 pm That's definitely top of my list of "things I didn't know I needed"

They have some good stuff on their site, I like the Roman cheese press, might order one.
I've already spent about £200 in me head and haven't got past page 4 of the Roman section :lol:
Easylife wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:31 am Like that's not gonna easily get knocked over, such an impracticle design! :roll: :D
Only if one is clumsy/careless/drunk/a household pet/combination of any of these. :D
shaggybfc

I’m not one of these modern men, so not sure if I’m comfortable drinking from a cup with dicks on it, even if it does arms and wings on it….. Caligula has a lot to answer for :D
Still, I’m sure the wife would appreciate it :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Steve_JT

I remember a similar cup called World Cup Willie from 1966, different design though but all about scoring :lol: :lol:

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Oxgirl

shaggybfc wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 am I’m not one of these modern men, so not sure if I’m comfortable drinking from a cup with dicks on it, even if it does arms and wings on it….. Caligula has a lot to answer for :D
Still, I’m sure the wife would appreciate it :thumbsup:
Drinking from it is meant to bring you luck…

It would make a good cleaning pencil container if nothing else :lol:
Oxgirl

Only 14 more members to go before the draw closes :thumbsup:

Bet this is done and dusted before XP tell us what we are waiting for :lol:
alloverover

My names Woger and I willy, willy, willy want one of those cups :lol: :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:43 pm My names Woger and I willy, willy, willy want one of those cups :lol: :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Send some more friends our way and you can have extra entries :D
figgis

Hello Woger. You were weleased after all, then?
Metalurgy

To a degree I sympathise with Woger and his weally wonting won,not my cup of tea either :lol: