The Detecting Hub will be having a prize giveaway soon.

Blackadder43

Hello everyone
First things first, Cath, John and myself have been blown away by the support, enthusiasm, great humour and loads of cracking posts and finds already, that you have all contributed too on our new forum.
You have even managed to make my wife interested in forum life :thumbsup: (not sure if thats to my advantage or not yet )
We all thank you muchly :Star:
Now
With that fresh in your mind we are going to do a Detecting Hub giveaway soon :D
We havent decided on the prize yet, but it will be something good and useful :thumbsup:

We are going to have this draw when we reach our first 100 registered members
So its time to put us out there and lets get this place rocking with this seasons finds and stories, help and advice and most importantly some support for us all in these strange times :thumbsup:
Feel free to get your friends to come take a look, maybe to get their finds ID'ed, or just join in sharing their stories and experiences

We will let you know when we start getting close to that magic number of 100

Thanks again everyone from all 3 of us. :Luv Ya:
Bors

Hmmmm I luv Prizes. ....... A brand New Car, :Star: A Holiday to the Maldives, :Star: A Harrods luxury Hamper , :Star: A Rolex Mariner watch , :Star: A Jet skiboat ! :Star:
Ooooh I love all those type of prizes :Star: & I can`t wait for it to start . I`ll be watching the new member count very carefully from now on to the countdown to 100. :thumbsup: :lol:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
figgis

Ah. :oops:

I would imagine, then, that a fridge magnet might lower your excitement somewhat?
Oxgirl

figgis wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 am Ah. :oops:

I would imagine that a fridge magnet might lower your excitement somewhat?
Ignore John, he likes fridge magnets. He has quite a collection actually and is still sulking that we said no to buying some. We promise the prize will be a lot better than that :D

(Although maybe not quite a week in the Maldives or a car :shock: )
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:01 am Ignore John, he likes fridge magnets.
He most certainly does not. :thumbdown: They're the work of the devil hisself, second only to "my other car's a Ferrari" bumper stickers :evil:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:01 am Ignore John, he likes fridge magnets. He has quite a collection actually.
I bet he does, I now have a vision of his fridge door like a finds display of home made ones. Blue Peter has a lot to answer for! :lol: :lol:
Right, suppose I best go and find summat'. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

:lol:

Ok I'm bang to rights. So many magnets on tbe door we can take advantage of great aunt's steel hip and park her on it when we want to sweep tbe floor :thumbsup:
I-Rutus

Is it a jar of jelly beans
Blackadder43

I-Rutus wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 pm Is it a jar of jelly beans
We did say a "good" prize...not a fantastic off the scale prize like my jelly beans :problem:
Too late anyways, i ate the last bag yesterday and no fresh supplies till friday :lol:
Ladybird66

Well whatever the prize turns out to be just think, 1 in 100 chance of winning it :thumbsup:

Better odds than the Lottery, The Post Code, the Premium bonds, to name but a few.

I say a big (very big) Thankyou is in order to Cath, John & Bruce for giving us such a good place to come and relax, vent our feelings, ask lots of silly and a few serious questions. Long may it last (and god bless all who sail in her) :lol: :o :shock: :roll: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Littleboot

figgis wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:28 am He most certainly does not. :thumbdown: They're the work of the devil hisself, second only to "my other car's a Ferrari" bumper stickers :evil:
haha......several years ago i had a lovely carnival red jaguar XK8 in stunning condition. In a moment of mischief I slapped a 'my other car is a Ferrari' bumper sticker on it just to wind up the neighbours. Pete told me off and said he would end up having to stand guard every time it was parked just to stop it being keyed. So I reluctantly did. Some time later we saw a pub in France with a 'Jaguar parking only' sign outside the door. This was clearly a sign meant for the landlord of the establishment. But I took it at its word and parked up while we went for a 4 km ramble.
I sold it not long after. Had my fun out of it while it lasted but it was just too stressful. :lol:
Live long and prosper.
Easylife

Just need 27 more, it'll not be too long now! :rocket: :boom: :moneybag:
DaveP

Easylife wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 am Just need 27 more, it'll not be too long now! :rocket: :boom: :moneybag:
I could get all Dave's mates to sign up :lol: I doubt they'll be members for too long!
Dukeynox800

Carnt beat a new car day hope the winner can insure it haha 😂
Minelab equinox 800 - mi-6 pin pointer black Ada stainless spade and lots of luck 🍀
Easylife

A 2 week holiday? - a weekend in Spain followed by a 14 day quarantine? :rollinglaughing: