Deus II announced - it’s multi frequency!

Fisher 1266 X

Oxgirl wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 pm Love where the coloured screen rumour has now morphed into a definite thing. Ditto GPS and it being waterproof :lol:

All we know is that it has ‘fast multi frequency’ and that’s it. Why don’t we all wait and see?

P.S. we do know that there won’t be any waiting lists for this machine - it’ll be despatch from stock so once launched there’ll be no long delays.
Lol Cath, I was only saying what cosmetic changes there could be :D
As you say, all we think we know is the FMF bit :thumbsup:
Jamesey1981

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:07 pm I think that you'll find that the roman was right............

Orx.jpg
No higher performance than the deus, it's just a cheaper option that doesn't have features prospectors don't need, but then they decided to chuck in some extra bits and sell it as a slightly cheaper machine for the rest of us if we wanted it.

The gold modes were the plan, but then they put in the coin modes to increase their potential market.

It has two goldfield modes, but you can emulate both with the deus and it's the coils that are doing the heavy lifting, they're identical whichever you buy.

The DPR was made under licence and is heavily cut down, pretty much useless for anything other than prospecting, but it's prospectors that would have bought it so that didn't matter.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
BuriedByTime&Dust

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:07 pm
I think that you'll find that the roman was right............

Orx.jpg
The coils are exactly the same as those used with the Deus and the Gold programs are based on the Deus Goldfield program. It's pretty much the same thing, but with reduced access to advanced settings :thumbsup:
Fisher 1266 X

Jamesey1981 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:39 pm No higher performance than the deus, it's just a cheaper option that doesn't have features prospectors don't need, but then they decided to chuck in some extra bits and sell it as a slightly cheaper machine for the rest of us if we wanted it.

Not interested in what the Orx is supposed to do, just pointing out that 'the roman' was correct about the gold aspect of the Orx, not whether or not it's any good at doing so.
Again, nothing to do with how good/bad the Orx is with gold, just supporting what 'the roman' said about the Orx being designed for finding gold.
Personally, I wasn't swayed when the Orx came out, hence I stayed with the Déus Mk I.
TheFenTiger

I quite like the look of the orx redesigned shaft with that coin holder that fits in it
Dave
BuriedByTime&Dust

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:43 pmPersonally, I wasn't swayed when the Orx came out, hence I stayed with the Déus Mk I.
I'm not surprised. The ORX would be a downgrade from the Deus.
Jamesey1981

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:43 pm Again, nothing to do with how good/bad the Orx is with gold, just supporting what 'the roman' said about the Orx being designed for finding gold.
Personally, I wasn't swayed when the Orx came out, hence I stayed with the Déus Mk I.
He said it was designed to be better on gold prospecting, it isn't, it's designed to be more focused on it, and as an afterthought XP included some modes for those of us that don't live near a goldfield.

And yeah, if you have a deus, no need to buy an ORX unless you find the deus too complicated, it's not aimed at you, just the same as the vanquish wasn't aimed at people with a nox.

Don't mean to slate the ORX, it's actually a pretty good machine and there's a few guys in my club that could have saved themselves a few quid since they only ever use deus fast, but it was never intended to outperform the deus.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
BuriedByTime&Dust

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:43 pmAgain, nothing to do with how good/bad the Orx is with gold, just supporting what 'the roman' said about the Orx being designed for finding gold.
I'd also add that the other programs on the ORX are essentially Deus Fast (called Coin Fast, but essentially the same program).

As I've said before, the ORX wasn't designed for anything in particular and certainly not as a serious gold nugget machine. It was a hasty response to the Nox 600's price tag effectively attacking the Deus Lite market. It wasn't a new machine, it was simply XP's way of maintaining a healthy market share in that price range without devaluing their flagship - the Deus. That said, with the same coils and effectively a Deus Fast program it's sure to be a great machine on coins/artefacts for those that don't like to tinker too much with settings.