Aussie Gold Hunters, still good?

Charles Abbeyville

Do you think the current series of Aussie Gold Hunters is as good as the previous series? I think this current lot would be lucky to be called "amateurs" let alone 'thinkers' to put it politely. :pulling hair out:
bob79

Got too much shouting whooping and hollering on it now, back slapping when they find the tiniest bit of gold. Then if they are not finding off the nearest town and buy a bit of equipment that's going to change their fortune, only to find the engine is knackered or the bottom is rottened out, so off they go again.
BuriedByTime&Dust

I just found it boring. Variety is very much the spice of detecting and the thrill is that the next signal could be almost anything.

As all they're looking for is lumps of gold, the only difference being the size of them, it quickly gets pretty dull for the viewer. Well, it did for me anyway...
shaggybfc

It's like all the 'Gold' hunting programmes - start of OK, then after a few seasons, they try too hard to keep it interesting and I soon get bored. With the Aussie Gold hunters - I liked the Kelly / Henri duo and the lone wolf Rick Fishers. I do not like the fat loud mouth fella in the latest series - he is such a spoilt brat.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Charles Abbeyville

shaggybfc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm It's like all the 'Gold' hunting programmes - start of OK, then after a few seasons, they try too hard to keep it interesting and I soon get bored. With the Aussie Gold hunters - I liked the Kelly / Henri duo and the lone wolf Rick Fishers. I do not like the fat loud mouth fella in the latest series - he is such a spoilt brat.
"fat loud mouth fella." Yep, I think I know who you mean, agree. HOWEVER...
GOLD RUSH has, for me always been great, especially when they got rid of Todd Hoffman. :clapping: