The new Nokta Makro multi frequency machine

Easylife

I guess they may as well just call it the 'Noxta legend'. :silent: ;)
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
bob79

Another update from Dilek, shipping starting in a week or so, USA getting priority.
Oxgirl

bob79 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:21 pm Another update from Dilek, shipping starting in a week or so, USA getting priority.
Looking forward to the first reports. Thanks for the update Bob :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Easylife wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 pm I guess they may as well just call it the 'Noxta legend'. :silent: ;)
Nope, it's certainly not a Nox. It ID's some non-ferrous as ferrous, and some ferrous as non-ferrous but maybe an update could fix that, or not? :o :Thinking:

BuriedByTime&Dust

Easylife wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:49 pmNope, it's certainly not a Nox. :shock:
It's a daft air test, but even so, that's not looking promising for the performance of the NM.
bob79

Easylife wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:49 pm Nope, it's certainly not a Nox. It ID's some non-ferrous as ferrous, and some ferrous as non-ferrous but maybe an update could fix that, or not? :o :Thinking:

That's the version that is being shipped to the suppliers, all the test units had to be returned and only a few of the updated units were sent out to the Nomads, NM dedicated testing team.
Oxgirl

As they’ve done a big update since the test models I personally think we need to wait and see what happens when the real models are sold and used.

This hobby is a nasty place so any negative video review I would view with scepticism. We’ll know soon enough when it’s in real users’ hands :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:18 pm As they’ve done a big update since the test models I personally think we need to wait and see what happens when the real models are sold and used.

This hobby is a nasty place so any negative video review I would view with scepticism. We’ll know soon enough when it’s in real users’ hands :thumbsup:
Totally agree...Even after it's been out in the real world for a few months, it may still take further software updates to get it performing properly.
This ground breaking tech for NM, so I fully expect some teething problems....
bob79

Pete E wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:36 pm Totally agree...Even after it's been out in the real world for a few months, it may still take further software updates to get it performing properly.
This ground breaking tech for NM, so I fully expect some teething problems....
Even the Simplex was not without its problems, ended up with 3 extra software upgrades.
Not forgetting Minelab were so confident in the ability of the Nox that they said there would not be any upgrades, that didn't last long.
bob79

Another Legend v Nox video posted up by Iffy Signals, this time deep iron and separation test, prompted negative comments against the Legend.
Dilek has released another video explaining about the ferro check verses the iron bias on the Nox, she definitely doesn't like anything said against the Legend.
BuriedByTime&Dust

bob79 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:49 pm Another Legend v Nox video posted up by Iffy Signals, this time deep iron and separation test, prompted negative comments against the Legend.
Dilek has released another video explaining about the ferro check verses the iron bias on the Nox, she definitely doesn't like anything said against the Legend.
I just watched that vid. Essentially, it says:

"Yeah, we incorporated an additional iron filter, but you dimwits can't be trusted with adjusting it, so we decided the level for you and you're stuck with it". :lol:
Easylife

I've not watched Dilek's likely desperate rant yet but surely they at least tested the Legend against other competitor's machines before releasing it? :Thinking: :o
bob79

Easylife wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:32 am I've not watched Dilek's likely desperate rant yet but surely they at least tested the Legend against other competitor's machines before releasing it? :Thinking: :o
Not really a desperate rant, just wanted detectorist to be patient and give the ferro check ago.
bob79

More news from Dilek, because of the amount of comments after her talk about Iffy Signals video comparing ferro check v iron bias prospective customers have said they would prefer iron bias settings instead. Because of this Nokta Makro have conceded and are going to include an iron bias setting😳😳
Pete E

Whatever you say about NM, they do try to respond to end users requests/views...

I think their fundamental problem is their marketing and what seems almost like an obsession for their machines to be seen to be better than Nox but at sometimes a considerably lower price point.

The Simplex was marketed as a Nox killer at a third of the price, and a lot of people bought into all the hype only to be disappointed. From what I have seen, the Simplex is a good machine at its price point, and it can have stand on its own two feet if people ignored the hype.

Prior to that they launched the Anfibio in much the same manner and now they are doing the same with the Legend....

Marketing hype alone won't allow them to eat into Nox sales long term and they need to realise that...