PAS site down 3-4 Nov

Saffron

Just seen this on the PAS site.

Please note: the site will be unavailable between the 3rd and 4th of November, for maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Evan

MODS: If you feel this is in wrong place please move.
Steve_JT

I did see that, had an email from my FLO, I am busy recording some finds at present, got over a hundred to get on the PAS, was hoping to get them done this week as the weather is a bit iffy, online Roman coin training on Wednesday for a few hours, tomorrow I have a back massage booked for a shoulder issue of a trapped nerve, Friday out with a ex work colleague for a breakfast, so was hoping to get the recording done in between these appointments, typical it will be down for maintenance.

So does not look like I wil be out detecting this week either unless I can get a session in on Thursday if the weather holds

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
figgis

Yes, I saw that and thanked all the gods there night be that I have an excuse for not processing the pile of finds I've accumulated :lol:
Steve_JT wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:58 pm online Roman coin training on Wednesday
Who's that with, Steve? The BM have resumed some of theirs but I'm still waiting for some Roman courses I haven't done to come up.
Steve_JT

My FLO sent through some dates for training,
Andrew Brown is running them via teams

Got some more for Database training, early medieval and medieval coinage, and another in December for Medieval coinage

Have already done the Roman one a while ago and for jetons

Very interesting few hours, all done via Microsoft teams

Regards Steve
figgis

Blarst, I've missed them Roman courses. My FLO does try to keep me appraised of what's available but I do know she's snowed under so doesn't always have the time to let me know. One geezer turned up with two hundred - two hundred - recordable objects one day and what with the other stuff crossing her desk the poor dear doesn't know which way to turn.

Andrew's a top bloke and is really good at what he does :thumbsup: Think he was FLO for Suffolk at one point.
Steve_JT

Sam Morehead is on the training too, they provide some PDF's on the subject to with some examples, the ones I have taken part in have been well attended, could you drop Andrew a PM to see if you can get the link to join for the 3rd Nov?

Regards Steve
figgis

3rd Nov is too short notice for me but I just might email him or Sam to see if they'd let me know the schedule :thumbsup:

Cheers, Steve - good idea.