The changing face of detecting

Bors

Let me be clear .I`m not in it for the money & never have been , I would have thought what I`ve said would proove that ,because IF I had been, I`wouldn`t have stuck at it for 40 + years without finding any Gold coins. If I had been in it for just the money after all the detectors & gear I`ve purchased down the years I`d probably not hardly break even anyway. I must have spent literally thousands of pounds on detectors & gear . I just think its so annoying when you hear of what I said happening while others who have been dedicated detectorists and not just here today gone tomorrow type, see these type of people hit a hoard of gold coins.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Blackadder43

We all know what you meant fella :thumbsup:
*Passes a hot brew with one of mine and Jans chocolate hobnobs*
Bors

Maybe I used the wrong word saying " Annoyed " . I probably should of used the word " Frustrated " on reflection. :D
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Easylife

Bors wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:51 pm Maybe I used the wrong word saying " Annoyed " . I probably should of used the word " Frustrated " on reflection. :D
Yes, I see what you're saying and It may not seem fair, but then life isn't fair. There are no guarantees and lots of injustice. But if they hadn't had been so lucky to find it then you wouldn't have benefitted seeing it. I guess that it's not so different from someone buying their first ever lottery ticket and winning the jackpot. But it's not like it was the very last hoard remaining to be found. :thumbsup: :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.