Deus II. The spec is out - looks good

jcmaloney

It only runs 4-45kHz.

Another well known machine runs 1-100kHz

Should have called it LMF - limited multifrequency. :D
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
Jamesey1981

jcmaloney wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:56 am It only runs 4-45kHz.

Another well known machine runs 1-100kHz

Should have called it LMF - limited multifrequency. :D
The equinox seems to get along fine using between 5 and 40, that would be a smaller range that the deus 2 by the way.

If you're thinking of a FBS machine then 1-100 is right, but you wouldn't call them fast and they're too heavy.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but a lot of people used to have explorers, safaris and explorer 2s and binned them off when the deus came out, I'd be very surprised if that was just down to luck on XP's part, XP moved the game forward with the deus, and that fact that it is usually compared to a machine that is nearly 10 years younger says all it needs to say.

I own an FBS minelab, a multi IQ minelab and a deus, the deus is the nicest to use by far, if the others lose their slight performance advantage over the deus in some circumstances and the deus 2 has the same feel then I wouldn't use them at all.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Pete E

I suppose Xp probably think that while it's dearer than the Nox, the Deus II is still cheaper than the CTX3030....

I have say though it having 12 programmes looks very complicated especially when you consider the variables within each programs...That said it probably looks alot less daunting to an existing Deus user....
BuriedByTime&Dust

Jamesey1981 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:26 am The equinox seems to get along fine using between 5 and 40, that would be a smaller range that the deus 2 by the way.

If you're thinking of a FBS machine then 1-100 is right, but you wouldn't call them fast and they're too heavy.
That's the achilles heel. On clean pasture the CTX is amazing, but on an iron infested site it isn't my first choice of machine.
TheFenTiger

Saffron wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:28 am
Full marks to the salesperson that can persuade somebody who goes in looking for a Garrett Ace that really they need one of these and make the sale.

Evan
Or even a current Deus owner when they explain that only your pinpointer is compatible with the new mk 2. "So you want multi frequency? Try this Equinox 600 for £800 less".
Dave
BuriedByTime&Dust

Pete E wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:52 am I suppose Xp probably think that while it's dearer than the Nox, the Deus II is still cheaper than the CTX3030....

I have say though it having 12 programmes looks very complicated especially when you consider the variables within each programs...That said it probably looks alot less daunting to an existing Deus user....
The original Deus has 10 presets and most people never use at least 7 of them :thumbsup:
BuriedByTime&Dust

TheFenTiger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:55 am Or even a current Deus owner when they explain that only your pinpointer is compatible with the new mk 2. "So you want multi frequency? Try this Equinox 600 for £800 less".
The new Deus is going to have to really shine to justify that extra £800. My bet though, is that it will be worth it.
Blackadder43

With any hobby the price of what is touted as top gear items are always stupidly expensive, any hobby

Is the Deus II worth a £1450 price tag?
Of course it isn't!
Exactly the same as that DFS sofa thats been on sale for 25 years is not worth the £999 price tag
My other hobby is online gaming, and my most recent PC set up cost me an eye watering sum, but its a hobby i enjoy and i was in a priviledged and spoilt enough postion to buy it, so i did.

I always look at things differently in these cases
So for instance:
Purchasing a new detector as someone already into the hobby can be seen as making an "entertainment purchase"
Its something i do for entertainment, same as some folk do other things for entertainment that have subscription fee's, course fee's, initial kit outlays etc etc

So lets say i purchased a top of the range most expensive machine @£1500
On average i go out 2 times per month, each at 4 hours per session, and i predict to keep said machine and hobby going for at least 5 years without changing the machine

That works out at just over £3 per hour for my entertainment :thumbsup:

I wish the prices were a bit more realistic, but thats not the world we live in
Everyone has to weigh up any pros and cons when making big money purchases and take it from there.

I know i need to purchase a lighter machine if i am to continue with the hobby, thats a fact
I intend to let the dust settle and see the initial field reports from folk who get them at the launch, and take my decision from there
TheFenTiger

Unfortunately there is blatant price fixing in the detector market. Whenever they are discounted, it is every dealer selling them for the same price. The dealers can give discretionary discount but there is never really any competition lowering the price.
Dave
Pete E

TheFenTiger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am Unfortunately there is blatant price fixing in the detector market. Whenever they are discounted, it is every dealer selling them for the same price. The dealers can give discretionary discount but there is never really any competition lowering the price.
I always thought such actions were illegal here in the UK, but it does not stop certain detector manufacturers doing it very blatantly....
jcmaloney

Almost forgot that Nokta/Makro are also launching a MF machine in the next couple of weeks.

I`ll take a guess that all the "reviews" will be "10/10, fantastic, best machine since they sliced a loaf" and from the usual suspects.
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
Blackadder43

jcmaloney wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:52 pm Almost forgot that Nokta/Makro are also launching a MF machine in the next couple of weeks.

I`ll take a guess that all the "reviews" will be "10/10, fantastic, best machine since they sliced a loaf" and from the usual suspects.
I have to say from personal experience that Nokta do a very good job, at a very good price for the machines they produce
Both the bigger companies really do need to watch themselves as Nokta always come in with prices way under the top 2, and bar a few things they need to iron out with build quality and appearances, they do make very good machines that can run with the pack
Steve_JT

Its great that there will be choices for people as different brands are releasing new machines, its all good for everyone, all the manufacturers are trying to excel what's on the market at present, from the die hard brand or those wanting a change

We all win, even those with a tight budget, as there will be lots of existing machines coming soon on the second hand market if people upgrade

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
BuriedByTime&Dust

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:13 am
So lets say i purchased a top of the range most expensive machine @£1500
On average i go out 2 times per month, each at 4 hours per session, and i predict to keep said machine and hobby going for at least 5 years without changing the machine

That works out at just over £3 per hour for my entertainment :thumbsup:
That's a good way of looking at it :thumbsup:

As hobbies go, detecting is about as cheap as it gets for ongoing cost. If I go fishing, I need to buy line, hooks, bait, permits, a licence, the list is endless. When I go detecting it costs me petrol to the site (the main one is just five minutes drive away) and other than a case of wine for the landowner at Christmas, that's it. On that basis, the machine itself provides good value per hour :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Pete E wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:53 am I always thought such actions were illegal here in the UK, but it does not stop certain detector manufacturers doing it very blatantly....
It is illegal and can attract massive fines if investigated and proved. One manufacturer won’t even let the retailers offer their usual 10% discount on their machines - if they discount they get dropped :thumbdown:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking