Deus II. The spec is out - looks good

Oxgirl

Anyway, getting us back onto the original subject, are there any other questions anyone still hasn’t had answered?

I saw today the question on how many frequencies were used simultaneously. Supposedly the Nox uses 5 whilst, at first glance, it seems there are up to 7 being used on the Deus. In both cases secrecy seems to surround the whole thing from all manufacturers.

What isn’t clear is what programmes yse what and if all 7 will be used together in any single programme or if each programme will use some, but not all, in the range.

The MF frequency range and number shouldn’t be mixed up with the 49 single frequency options - like I did! Why there needs to be 49 I have no idea though - pointless as I bet no one uses more than 2 or 3 :geek:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
JohnDeus

HolzHammer wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:27 pm well I can't afford it so I'm sticking with me LITE!!!!! ( unless anyone wants to get me one for Christmas!)
Leave a note for Santa m8 :thumbsup:
JohnDeus

Allectus wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:41 pm Can't see many loyal Brits buying this with all that's going on. :thumbdown: Give the Frenchie's some sanctions/boycotting back with interest! :thumbsup:
We would do better putting a tarriff on French cars that would really annoy the little Napoleon
JohnDeus

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am Might be French but I’ll rise above that on this occasion :lol:

OK so Regtons have confirmed the £1450 price tag so it’s now official. No pre-orders but you can express interest by emailing sales@regton.com and you’ll be informed directly when stocks arrive. Of course other suppliers may do something different but at least 1 other has said no preorders either. Guess preorders are a time consuming and logistical nightmare with moany customers if there are any delays :roll:
I for one am going to wait until i have seen Gary's report on it and have seen it in use :thumbsup:
I-Rutus

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am OK so Regtons have confirmed the £1450 price tag so it’s now official. No pre-orders but you can express interest
Any interest I had has now waned like a winter moon :shock:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:17 pm What isn’t clear is what programmes use what and if all 7 will be used together in any single programme or if each programme will use some, but not all, in the range.
Well from the program list Deep and Diving go up to 14khz. Park, Relic, and Beach go up to 24khz and the rest go up to 45khz.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:17 pm I saw today the question on how many frequencies were used simultaneously. Supposedly the Nox uses 5 whilst, at first glance, it seems there are up to 7 being used on the Deus. In both cases secrecy seems to surround the whole thing from all manufacturers.
I personally don't think that any specific frequencies are too relevant as long as you have a low, med and high frequency in use to catch about all. With any detector whether single or multi-frequency the exact frequencies and their weighting can be measured with the right equipment. I saw this done with the Nox using an oscilloscope I think, maybe interesting to know perhaps but I'm sure that manufacturers have arrived at optimum combinations through testing.
Maybe XP just went for 7 frequencies and 5kz higher than the Nox as it looks better on paper for marketing, but in the real world I'm quite sure that it would make no noticeable difference at all on it's own. The more interesting thing will be in the processing, Minelab use their Multi - IQ, it will be very interesting to see how the Deus II and Nokta compare? :thumbsup:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:17 pm Anyway, getting us back onto the original subject, are there any other questions anyone still hasn’t had answered?
Yes, Will the Deus II still be able to find coke and shallow targets? :lol:
Sorry, I'll get my coat! :Luv Ya:
Oxgirl

*passes his coat*

When you get one you can find out for yourself ;) :lol:
Oxgirl

Saffron wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:28 am

How many beginners are going to fork out £1450, when the shop is full of detectors for under £1000. Let alone understand the difference between the 12 preset programs.

Full marks to the salesperson that can persuade somebody who goes in looking for a Garrett Ace that really they need one of these and make the sale.

Evan
I talked a complete beginner out of buying a CTX as their first machine only last week :roll: . True story! I understand why they want to buy the best machine they can afford straight away rather than wasting money on a starter machine then upgrading a few months later. Some people want to go straight in with a top end machine and no manufacturer wants to miss out on that.
Steve_JT

Easylife wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:55 pm Yes, Will the Deus II still be able to find coke and shallow targets? :lol:
Sorry, I'll get my coat! :Luv Ya:
Good guide here, and it will find coke :lol: :thumbsup: I say this with tongue firmly in my cheek :lol: :lol: I'll get my coat too
dg.jpg
Sorry, couldn't resist :D Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Easylife

:rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:49 pm When you get one you can find out for yourself ;) :lol:
I'll never say never, but it would have to have a significant advantage over the Nox. Like most I look forward to seeing the real world test comparisons. :thumbsup:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:31 pm I talked a complete beginner out of buying a CTX as their first machine only last week :roll:
I guess that it would probably have soon put them off detecting due to it's weight and learning curve? Perhaps a case of running before they can walk? Though if keen on a minelab the Nox is really just a very capable switch on and go that will find most and is suitable for all. :thumbsup:
Fisher 1266 X

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:13 am With any hobby the price of what is touted as top gear items are always stupidly expensive, any hobby

Is the Deus II worth a £1450 price tag?
Of course it isn't!
Exactly the same as that DFS sofa thats been on sale for 25 years is not worth the £999 price tag
My other hobby is online gaming, and my most recent PC set up cost me an eye watering sum, but its a hobby i enjoy and i was in a priviledged and spoilt enough postion to buy it, so i did.

I always look at things differently in these cases
So for instance:
Purchasing a new detector as someone already into the hobby can be seen as making an "entertainment purchase"
Its something i do for entertainment, same as some folk do other things for entertainment that have subscription fee's, course fee's, initial kit outlays etc etc

So lets say i purchased a top of the range most expensive machine @£1500
On average i go out 2 times per month, each at 4 hours per session, and i predict to keep said machine and hobby going for at least 5 years without changing the machine

That works out at just over £3 per hour for my entertainment :thumbsup:

I wish the prices were a bit more realistic, but thats not the world we live in
Everyone has to weigh up any pros and cons when making big money purchases and take it from there.

I know i need to purchase a lighter machine if i am to continue with the hobby, thats a fact
I intend to let the dust settle and see the initial field reports from folk who get them at the launch, and take my decision from there
I agree, whatever you pay for items relating to your hobby, it is worth it, after all, nobody 'forced' to you to buy anything.

One of my hobbies is travel (until Covid struck) and that has cost a fortune.

Regarding computers, I've built a few to match my specs using 'good' components at the time ideal and for photo/video editing.

Another hobby is natural history and the binoculars I use are 10 x 42 Leica's so not that cheap.
I had a pair of binoculars costing £120 and I thought that they were expensive and good.
Compared to the Leica's they were like those toy binoculars you get at fun fairs.

What I'm saying is that you get what you pay for.

Just look at cars for instance, the difference between a new £12000 car compared to one costing £233000.
They both do exactly the same thing, they get you from A to B.
Obviously there's a reason for the price void.

When I bought the Déus Mk One I thought that it was excellent value for money, hence I'm still using that machine 10-years later without even considering buying another machine up until now.

So, in essence, if you think that the Déus Two is not worth the money.... don't buy it.... simple.
I can't believe that people are getting hung up on the price of the Déus Two, it's almost like having a discussion on why we shouldn't buy an Aston Martin or Rolls Royce.

As said, half-decent machines will find stuff, perhaps the difference between a £12000 car compared to one costing £233000 is OTT as they WILL have VAST differences in value.

Whatever you buy/use...... just enjoy it and forget about performance differences.
That's why my tag line is "If you can' hear it.... it's not there". That way, you'll perhaps not beat yourself up as much when not finding much?