Deus II. The spec is out - looks good

Steve_JT

Fisher 1266 X wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:35 am

Whatever you buy/use...... just enjoy it and forget about performance differences.
That's why my tag line is "If you can' hear it.... it's not there". That way, you'll perhaps not beat yourself up as much when not finding much?
So very true :thumbsup:
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Easylife

If you want one then just buy one as you can't take your money into the next dimension. But I'd still wait to see how it compares to what you already have! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Saffron

Out of interest does anybody know what happened to the price of the Dues (Mk 1) 18 months after it was launched?.

It has been know for some things to hit the market at a given price then 18 months or so for the price to be reduced.

Evan
TheFenTiger

Saffron wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:35 pm Out of interest does anybody know what happened to the price of the Dues (Mk 1) 18 months after it was launched?.

It has been know for some things to hit the market at a given price then 18 months or so for the price to be reduced.

Evan
I doubt it. They have only just dropped the price on the mk 1. I wonder if in a years time they will bring out a coil / software update for the mk 1 to make it multi frequency
Dave
Kenleyboy

Reading this thread with great interest having just purchased a Deus Lite and enjoying the experience although still plenty to learn but I am in no rush , so this new Deus or any other machine will not be of interest to me . However , I do like to read the various posts as this is all still relatively new to me and it is interesting to read . We all want the very best that we can afford and I am now seeing that the secondhand selling pages are advertising both the Nox 800 and also the Deus full set up and some really cheap knock down prices , maybe the sellers are looking to fund one of these new machines .
Pete E

Kenleyboy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:50 pm Reading this thread with great interest having just purchased a Deus Lite and enjoying the experience although still plenty to learn but I am in no rush , so this new Deus or any other machine will not be of interest to me . However , I do like to read the various posts as this is all still relatively new to me and it is interesting to read . We all want the very best that we can afford and I am now seeing that the secondhand selling pages are advertising both the Nox 800 and also the Deus full set up and some really cheap knock down prices , maybe the sellers are looking to fund one of these new machines .
If the new Nocta Mark SMF machine that's about to be launched offers anywhere like Nox performance at a much lower price, it will surely drive down the used prices of the Nox and Vanquish range, and possibly (to a lessor extent) the Deus as well....
TheFenTiger

I doubt a cheaper Nokta will effect the nox or deus. It will hit the garretts and detectors like the vanquish. Cheap is seen as beginner so people will not want to go for cheaper machines. Thats one reason why ctx owners are so defensive of their detectors. Don't want to admit a cheaper machine is better.
Dave
bob79

TheFenTiger wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:49 pm I doubt a cheaper Nokta will effect the nox or deus. It will hit the garretts and detectors like the vanquish. Cheap is seen as beginner so people will not want to go for cheaper machines. Thats one reason why ctx owners are so defensive of their detectors. Don't want to admit a cheaper machine is better.
A lot of Nox owners were attacking the performance of the Simplex when It was introduced, saying it's nowhere near as good as the Nox.
What they failed to grasp was the fact it was never intended to be a Nox beater, the clue is in the name.
Even Minelab's propaganda minister took one on the wet sand to prove the £369 start machine was match for the £879 multi frequency Nox.
Blackadder43

Interesting piece of Deus II information was given to me yesterday
It appears that Regtons told someone on a call that the new Deus II will be able to emulate the sounds of the likes of the Nox and others machines if those sounds are preferred?
What a genius idea to those coming from other machines!

I think if that comes to pass then the other top manufacterers have been sat on their laurels for far too long and let the grass get too tall to see what is needed in the detecting world.
Easylife

I imagine that the Deus II's main advantage over Deus I will be it's ability to better identify deep non-ferrous targets so may especially bring pasture back to life?
bob79

Saffron wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:35 pm Out of interest does anybody know what happened to the price of the Dues (Mk 1) 18 months after it was launched?.

Evan
£1,395.
BuriedByTime&Dust

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:19 am Interesting piece of Deus II information was given to me yesterday
It appears that Regtons told someone on a call that the new Deus II will be able to emulate the sounds of the likes of the Nox and others machines if those sounds are preferred?
What a genius idea to those coming from other machines!
You can listen to the tones on the XP website and the SMF tones are pretty close to those on the Equinox, it must be said!
Easylife

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:51 pm You can listen to the tones on the XP website and the SMF tones are pretty close to those on the Equinox, it must be said!
On most top end machines the tones are adjustable to suit you, they are just tones! :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:51 pm You can listen to the tones on the XP website and the SMF tones are pretty close to those on the Equinox, it must be said!
It is a unique selling point for me
I am used to minelab tones, so am well happy they can be emulated on a totally different machine :thumbsup:
Metalurgy

Easylife wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:53 pm On most top end machines the tones are adjustable to suit you, they are just tones! :thumbsup:
Yes,but for me and I suspect many more,this is the most critical info a machine can deliver.