F2 Iron Bias?

Easylife

The higher the Iron Bias setting, the more likely the detector will call a masked good target "iron" and vice versa.
Is anyone using F2 Iron Bias which offers a far greater range than F1?

Here is how Iron Bias F1 & F2 settings relate.
minelab-equinox-800-iron-bias-fe-vs-new-f2-settings.jpg
I usually use F1 at 0 and barely dig any iron even with very iffy targets so I am thinking that I will have to try F2 at 3 or less to see if it better unmasks targets by iron without having any other side effects? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Pete E

Easylife wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:16 am The higher the Iron Bias setting, the more likely the detector will call a masked good target "iron" and vice versa.
Is anyone using F2 Iron Bias which offers a far greater range than F1?

Here is how Iron Bias F1 & F2 settings relate.
minelab-equinox-800-iron-bias-fe-vs-new-f2-settings.jpg

I usually use F1 at 0 and barely dig any iron even with very iffy targets so I am thinking that I will have to try F2 at 3 or less to see if it better unmasks targets by iron? :Thinking:
I had issues with that update so reverted back, so have never used FE2..

That said, why did they leave Fe1 as an option? Looking at that chart, I have no idea why ML just didn't say the Iron Bias range has been greatly expanded and is now know as Fe2 ...or are there additional differences/functionalities between the two ranges?
Easylife

Pete E wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:21 am
That said, why did they leave Fe1 as an option? Looking at that chart, I have no idea why ML just didn't say the Iron Bias range has been greatly expanded and is now know as Fe2 ...or are there additional differences/functionalities between the two ranges?
It's like fine and coarse adjustment. F1 gives a finer range of adjustment of 9 settings over F2's 3 settings in the 4 to 6 range. It's good to have the choice. :thumbsup:
Easylife

Easylife wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:16 am
I usually use F1 at 0 and barely dig any iron even with very iffy targets so I am thinking that I will have to try F2 at 3 or less to see if it better unmasks targets by iron without having any other side effects? :Thinking:
I was using F2 at zero today on the pasture, it didn't seem too much different to F1 at zero though was noticeable. No problems and no iron dug so I'll leave it at that. :thumbsup: