Deus II price announced.

bob79

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:24 am How would you really compare though? On one site one might be perform better than another. Plus proper comparisons on using it require time as any machine needs learning and the new Deus will be like starting again but with no real pointers on the best programmes for the UK, etc. Build quality issues can take time to manifest too.

I’ve already seen a lot of people on Facebook expecting a conclusion on it in the first week which I think is stupid. First impressions yes but not a real understanding of it’s strengths and weaknesses. Personally I just care that it is better than the existing Deus after investing a lot of cash into it :lol:
Trouble is people will want it to see if it out performs the Nox straight out of the box, if not they will deem it a failure.
figgis

Agreed, Bob - there are such people around. The sort who zip round a field in 30 minutes with their coil a foot above the ground, find nothing, and say the field's useless. For some, instant gratification takes precedence over patience and study (i.e. putting in some effort) and of course it's everyone's fault but their own.

There will be "review" videos out within 20 minutes of release, most of which will be meaningless. You can't get the best from a machine until you know it and it takes time to show up strengths and weaknesses (in both the machine and the operator).

I might pay heed to Gary Blackwell, though :lol:
Oxgirl

Gary is doing a Q&A video in the next week or so which will help with some of our basic questions. For example I use the puck for my back phones on some after market headphones so I hope the set up for that hasn’t changed but can’t get a straight answer on it yet.

He has also had a Deus II in his sweaty hands for a week or so I’m hoping he is testing it and at least going to help us understand the basics of the new programmes before we get hold of it. I know we’ll all need to test out what works for us and our sites but if we know programme x is the nearest to HOT, or y is best on iron contamination it’ll help us to get our heads round them.

But more importantly I want to see the user manual so hope XP release that soon so we can study it whilst we wait for stocks to arrive :geek:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Metalurgy

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:24 am How would you really compare though?
Quite simple really,my mate and myself can go out on the same field with both machines and find and mark targets with different coloured markers say 10 each and then test in different programs if we feel like it.
Anyone with both machines and no brand loyalty or bias could do this.
XP have obviously taken their multi frequency opposition seriously otherwise we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
As for speculation,I think we still live in a free country where freedom of thought is still allowed,although I’m not sure about freedom of speech anymore.
DaveP

I spend far too much of my life looking at product claims and the data supporting those claims on more product categories than I care to mention. In fact you see the fruits of some of my labours everyday on TV.
Testing the Deus head to head with even just the Nox would require a whole heap of data and more than any group of detectorists could muster - tests from Badger and Bingo in the middle of Norfolk just wouldn't cut the mustard. But, when put in the hands of a couple of people you'll get what I teach on courses as the Ford syndrome. You buy a new Ford; it's the only one you've ever owned and it goes wrong several times. Your reaction - "I'll never buy a Ford again and I'm going to tell the world about it!" - consumers are funny old things and really do lack objectivity.

I checked the Deus video for the supportability of their Deus II claims. Everything was going well until they got to "....with an accurate in depth target ID" so you won't be digging any shotties, buttons or random deep iron lumps unless you choose to :roll:

No more buttons, now that might make it worth the money :lol:
Metalurgy

No more buttons, now that might make it worth the money :lol:
[/quote]
I don’t mind buttons too much but no more lead and shotties would be a game changer for me!🥳
Easylife

DaveP wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:27 pm I checked the Deus video for the supportability of their Deus II claims. Everything was going well until they got to "....with an accurate in depth target ID" so you won't be digging any shotties, buttons or random deep iron lumps unless you choose to :roll:
That claim either reads as being able to define between a big and deep target vs a small and shallow one, or maybe even it's shape or more? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
DaveP

Easylife wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:34 pm That claim either reads as being able to define between a big and deep target vs a small and shallow one, or maybe even it's shape or more? :Thinking:
Or it just means it gives an accurate depth for any target ID even though you don't know what it is. One of the first rules of crafting advertising claims is to avoid ambiguity as it exposes you to potential consumer disappointment and competitive challenge.

The more I search the more I notice the absence of actual measured improved performance. The majority of claims are what are known as "factual claims". It is multifrequency; it works at 20m depth; works on land and wet beach, wireless technology, no cable, and so on. This is an easy way of making a lot of noise while avoiding actual performance data.

I'm not knocking the Deus II as they would be hard pushed to produce performance data that would set them apart from any other land machines AND satisfy advertising regulators. That's the same for any manufacturer. The easiest route for them is to test against their own stable of machines to make internal comparative claims e.g. Our best detector yet!

The problem is, and has been said already, we will now see loads of Youtube videos claiming it is, or isn't the best thing since sourdough. Mind you, it wasn't so long ago that Nox multifrequency was the best yet many Nox users now claim single frequency gets the best out of their machines - funny old world.
Easylife

DaveP wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:49 pm The problem is, and has been said already, we will now see loads of Youtube videos claiming it is, or isn't the best thing since sourdough. Mind you, it wasn't so long ago that Nox multifrequency was the best yet many Nox users now claim single frequency gets the best out of their machines - funny old world.
Naturally certain frequencies will respond better to certain targets, but single frequencies can also be blind to other certain targets in my own experience even with the Nox. I have had some surprising results in single frequency but MF covers all bases. Quite often I'll get a quite iffy deep target in MF and run through the single frequencies over it and get just no response at all, so I know what works best for me on my land. Single frequency will find lots but I'd expect MF to find yet more from the very same land.
I wonder if XP will compare the Deus II performance against the Deus I to increase sales? Now would that be a good or bad move for them? If the Deus II is so much better then surely many Deus I owners will want one to find all what the Deus I had missed especially on pasture, though no doubt desirable on all ground including beaches?
But best wait to see the proof of the pudding. :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

DaveP wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:27 pm I checked the Deus video for the supportability of their Deus II claims. Everything was going well until they got to "....with an accurate in depth target ID" so you won't be digging any shotties, buttons or random deep iron lumps unless you choose to :roll:
Being as (with current tech at least) target depth readings are like chocolate fireguards, I'm presuming that the "in depth" part of that claim applies to what the target is rather than how deep it is. Interesting, but a decent set of lugholes, wired in to a machine/programme you know well, will do that with remarkable accuracy :thumbsup: