The Missing Link...

figgis

...and I'm not talking about that chauffeur I had some years ago either, even though he was the nearest thing you could get to a Neanderthal without actually being one. Took him on as a favour to Budgie Milletseed who was none too bright himself, come to think of it. Probably a relative. Anyway, I forget his name but he had calluses on his knuckles where they dragged along the ground and his forehead sloped so far back you could park your gin on it (which was handy). Have no idea what happened to him, though there was some talk he went on to become Home Secretary. But I digress...

What ho,

Just a quick note to say that the field I've been waiting to get on is still in three stages of being (rolled, rough ploughed and stubble) so I was forced onto a newly-rolled field where all the medieval stuff (and tons of lead) lays. Not a lot came up other than a medieval strap end, a lovely Tudor button and tons of lead, but the star of the show was a manky old Georgian halfpenny. Why? Because it's a George IV and serves to complete my collection of all the Georges :D :thumbsup:

At first glance I thought it was George VI but there was something different about it and a quick spruce up revealed the missing man hisself:
1826 halfpenny.jpg
Never had a copper ha'penny make my day before and it's unlikely to happen again :lol:

Pip pip :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Ohhhh nice to get a tick in the coin list. Very pleased for you :thumbsup:

Was meant to be going detecting myself today but got waylaid by a long phone call this morning and didn’t manage it. Mind you the cows are still out so options for land are slim and poor for the next week or so.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
HolzHammer

figgis wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:31 pm ...and I'm not talking about that chauffeur I had some years ago either, even though he was the nearest thing you could get to a Neanderthal without actually being one. Took him on as a favour to Budgie Milletseed who was none too bright himself, come to think of it. Probably a relative. Anyway, I forget his name but he had calluses on his knuckles where they dragged along the ground and his forehead sloped so far back you could park your gin on it (which was handy). Have no idea what happened to him, though there was some talk he went on to become Home Secretary. But I digress...

What ho,

Just a quick note to say that the field I've been waiting to get on is still in three stages of being (rolled, rough ploughed and stubble) so I was forced onto a newly-rolled field where all the medieval stuff (and tons of lead) lays. Not a lot came up other than a medieval strap end, a lovely Tudor button and tons of lead, but the star of the show was a manky old Georgian halfpenny. Why? Because it's a George IV and serves to complete my collection of all the Georges :D :thumbsup:

At first glance I thought it was George VI but there was something different about it and a quick spruce up revealed the missing man hisself:
1826 halfpenny.jpg
Never had a copper ha'penny make my day before and it's unlikely to happen again :lol:

Pip pip :thumbsup:
HolzHammer

nice one John... come to think of it I've never seen one to them before either...