One off the bucket list, well a quarter of it

TheFenTiger

I went out on Sunday and met up with one of the landowners friends who casually detects the permission. He has just got a deus lite so was keen to get out and try it. He is still fairly inexperienced and I was cringing at the mess he was making of target recovery in the crop. 2 foot crater and no replanting. He blames poor pinpointing but I said we need to work on his technique. Hopefully the landowners don't think it was me.

I went off to my usual field and found a cut quarter. Deus still doing its job. 6" down as well :lol: Only when I got home and got the loupe out trying to work out the moneyer I realised it has a triangle on it so is an Irish Henry III, probably S6240. Always been looking for an early Irish Henry or Edward.

When I got home I got a message from the landowners friend. Only gone and found 2 hammered, his first. A cut half and a Henry III long cross!

Dave
Oxgirl

Never had a Scottish hammered (or an Irish one) so can understand your excitement. Well done!

Your mate has had beginner’s luck (she says, feeling your pain :lol: )
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
TheFenTiger

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:08 pm Never had a Scottish hammered (or an Irish one) so can understand your excitement. Well done!

Your mate has had beginner’s luck (she says, feeling your pain :lol: )
Funny enough the last one was Scottish so this was a nice find.

Beginners luck for the deus hammered hoover. Its my third best field so I am making sure I keep the other 2 secret from him :lol:
Dave