Unexpected bonus

figgis

Bit of unplanned downtime from work today so took full advantage and sloped off up the farm before anyone else in the house had woken up and had a chance to complain :lol:

First signal was a 1961 half crown in atrocious nick (as they always are) but a decent start nevertheless, and the second signal turned out to be (mostly) the workings of a nice little fibula :thumbsup: Meandered over the rough plough for as long as me ankles could stand it and the moment I stepped off it another fibula turned up :D Couldn't manage the fibulaic (no such word) hat-trick, but a Roman pin head, a Henry III London cut quarter and a couple of obviously ancient bits (but lord knows what they are) more than made up for that.
12-11-21 footpath.jpg
All in all, that was three hours well spent and I can't wait for the field to be rolled so that more civilised detecting can take place :lol:

And here, because we have so few of them, is a clod shot of the second fib :thumbsup:
Attachments
B49 clod.jpg
Oxgirl

Very nice indeed! I am hoping you are going to get another stunning fibula soon too. You deserve a perfect, pin intact, one after the work you put in on that field.

Lovely to see the cut quarter too. They give such a nice signal for something so small :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Cor, an intact one would be something - only ever found one.

Had the Deus on the Ultimate programme and 17kHz so with the damp (though airy) soil the cut quarter did indeed yell out a "dig me" signal. Sometimes hammereds give rubbish signals on this soil, but not this wee beastie :thumbsup:
Steve_JT

Nice bits of roman goodies :thumbsup: and a cut quarter

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
figgis

Thanks, Steve :thumbsup: Under difficult conditions, too, but this is the field that doesn't know when to stop lobbing stuff at you :D