There's desperate and then there's desperate

figgis

Just spotted this post on an MD faceache page:
Anyone got any permissions for sale in U.K. test run will be needed to make sure there’s history on the land before paying but I’m sick of being turned away
:shock:

Ok, we all know it doesn't work like that (though no doubt there's an enterprising soul or two presently figuring out how much to charge :lol: ), but is it really so bad out there that people are reduced to this sort of request?
Metalurgy

Probably depends on where you live how local you are and who you know.Face to face or a phone call usually work but social media is not a personable method.
Easylife

I can just imagine the landowner telling him to get off their land with the response, "It's okay because I bought permission from another detectorist." !!! :roll: :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Surely it is not real and just someone testing the response, especially as non area specific? :Thinking:
alloverover

There are certainly small groups and individuals going around offering cash, im not talking about dig organizers, sindicates I guess you would call them, ive lost one of my permissions to this, the world is not changing for the better :thumbdown:
Oxgirl

I was offered a share in a syndicate at £500 a year each for 5 detectorists on 60 acres. I politely declined.

I have never paid for a personal permission and don’t intend to start. If I did though certainly wouldn’t pay that rate for what was a piece of land the other 4 had been on for two years already :shock:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:02 am There are certainly small groups and individuals going around offering cash, im not talking about dig organizers, sindicates I guess you would call them, ive lost one of my permissions to this, the world is not changing for the better :thumbdown:
Sadly true :(
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Steve_JT

That sounds like a typical person of what we see and hear of in todays world of weird and wonderful

An entitled gen X, Millennial or Gen Z person of non binary denomination who's not sure if they are Arthur or Martha thinking its their right to demand and not be turned down :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Ohhhh...........and if we don't agree with them we must be phobic of something they claim to be :thumbdown:

**In my personal opinion** (rant over)

Very kind regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
BuriedByTime&Dust

Easylife wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 am I can just imagine the landowner telling him to get off their land with the response, "It's okay because I bought permission from another detectorist." !!! :roll: :lol:
That would be worth seeing! :D

There's certainly a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work there. The person with the benefit of the permission has no right to transfer it to anybody else and that permission can be withdrawn at any time.
figgis

Easylife wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 am Surely it is not real and just someone testing the response, especially as non area specific? :Thinking:
From the responses I'd say it's genuine. The OP said he'd be willing to travel anywhere and this had me thinking that maybe he's the mouthpiece for a syndicate-style operation, but he does seem up front and frustrated at not being able to secure any land of his own.
figgis

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:19 am There's certainly a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work there. The person with the benefit of the permission has no right to transfer it to anybody else and that permission can be withdrawn at any time.
Precisely. He appears to be a newcomer who can't get past the first hurdle with the (so he says) 50+ farms he's contacted and has fallen foul of getting a machine before having anywhere to use it . He's blaming his young age and broad Black Country accent :lol:
Easylife

figgis wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:45 am Precisely. He appears to be a newcomer who can't get past the first hurdle with the (so he says) 50+ farms he's contacted and has fallen foul of getting a machine before having anywhere to use it . He's blaming his young age and broad Black Country accent :lol:
It sounds like he just needs to work on his charm offensive. :)
Metalurgy

I contacted a south west md club some time ago regarding joining them,their response was that I could join,providing that I could find permissions for them.
Surprisingly, I declined.
shaggybfc

I can ‘seed’ one of my rubbish fields (I have several), with a few spare historical items and charge them £500.
It’ll be a nice little return for the landowner and might clear some of the green waste at the same time.
Pass on my details :lol: :lol:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
figgis

Metalurgy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:26 pm I contacted a south west md club some time ago regarding joining them,their response was that I could join,providing that I could find permissions for them.
Surprisingly, I declined.
Don't think the club knows the way things work, either :lol: