Hammered saves the day

Kenleyboy

Back on the fields this afternoon , all a bit last minute and almost turned the car around when the heavens opened up . I was hoping to get back on the grassy field but that is sopping wet and it wouldnt be that much different here .
Once the rain stopped and the sky cleared a little I headed up through the damp track and onto the fields . It wasnt too bad underfoot , a little sticky but not drenched .
The downpour and wet ground certainly brings the land alive and the signals were quite consistent but all were rubbish . Ring pulls have to be my new heart breakers . So many this year and they sound so good .
I soldiered on but nothing of note was coming up and about the only decent thing I had found was dare I say a much welcomed button !
The rain came again and to be honest I was about done so I dug the last decent sounding signal with a very half hearted approach and out popped this little hammered coin . A little worn but I can just about make out some detail .
I think possibly Elizabeth groat , whatever , I was very happy with that and headed home :thumbsup:
20211114_124438_resized[39444]hammered.jpg
hammered 2.jpg
This hobby is addictive , frustrating but very rewarding :thumbsup:
JohnDeus

Always good to get a Hammy :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

And the silvers continue for you, despite the rain :thumbsup:
That soil looks a dream to dig too, unlike the mainly clay we have around these parts
Oh apart from up the mendip farm, she has lovely red soil :lol:
Reminds me i need to drag my lard arse out again and do some digging before i sieze up completely :ugeek:
Oxgirl

Lucky you. I went out for two hours and the last find that would have saved the day I must have missed :lol:

Not sure exactly what size your coin is but I suspect it is a Lizzie sixpence looking at the legend clues. Look at this one to see what I mean

I think she should be this way up :thumbsup:
Attachments
1EE56D5C-9097-412E-B390-54264BCEEFC3.jpeg
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Kenleyboy

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:03 pm Lucky you. I went out for two hours and the last find that would have saved the day I must have missed :lol:

Not sure exactly what size your coin is but I suspect it is a Lizzie sixpence looking at the legend clues. Look at this one to see what I mean

I think she should be this way up :thumbsup:
I think you are bang on with that Cath :thumbsup: 25mm diameter .