Great day out...

Pete E

Had a really enjoyable dig today with my club on a local farm...

The day started exceptionally well with my first signal yielding a James 1st hammered as soon as I put the coil to the ground..

In addition to the usual white lead and buttons, I had a couple of poor condition bag seals, three or four pistol balls, plus the finds in the pic below..

The item bottom left had my heart racing a bit as it has some lovely circular designs on it, until someone pointed out it's part of a nut cracker! :cry: :roll: Still all part of the fun, and a great day with good like minded company..
Attachments
8407E5FC-C67D-4767-BA87-D51B52DFB103.jpeg
JohnDeus

A very good day out :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

A double silver day :Party: A nice belt mount and buckle too!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

Thanks Cath...I think the "buckle" is actually another small mount, as it three "points" on the rear to fix it to the leather...I will put up some better pics tomorrow showing both sides as I am hoping for people's opinions of potential ages ect...
figgis

That's my idea of a good mix of finds :thumbsup:

The item left of the nutcracker looks interesting, too.
Littleboot

That is a great day out right there. There are some sessions that just feel right from the start and it is so nice when something pops up as good as that first bang of the day. Sort of settles you down. On the other hand if it takes ages to find anything reasonable at all, let alone as good as that, it tends to send me swishing about in ever increasing circles as I chase it. :lol: At least it always did on club digs. I would see other people digging and examining finds and it was a bit like being in an exam and finding everyone else had written two pages while I was still scratching out my first paragraph.
The design of that 'buckle' has a 14th century look about it.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."