Not detecting related, but needs coverage

Blackadder43

Late last night i let my dogs out for their bedtime wee (around midnight)
They started barking, which is not unusual if someone is about outside or walking down the lane

This morning i took our bins out and found a spray painted yellow blob right on the corner of our house and the small public walkway at the side of the house
The public walkway is no longer used generally by the public as the old walkway it used to connect too is now gone and been diverted
So its either residents of my side of the street, or people up to no good that use it

Googling these spray painted markings indicate this:

Pink blob or cross = small dog for selling
Yellow blob or cross = medium sized dog ready to steal
Red blob or cross = large dog

Please have some awareness for your own house and your neighbors, especailly if they are old folk with dogs

It actually made me physically sick to think my house is possibly being staked out to steal my dog to use in the barbaric dog baiting
20211116_113135.jpg
Easylife

Can't be too careful these days about anything. I was not aware of this paint system but am now thanks. I would expect that stealing dogs to sell as pets has decreased but there will always be scum bags about.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

Small dogs are sold on, but medium and big dogs are used as bait to train their fighting dogs
The bait dog has its mouth taped up so as not to be able to bite back
Very sad and sick

We have had quite a few dogs going missing over the past year or so in our area
HolzHammer

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 pm Small dogs are sold on, but medium and big dogs are used as bait to train their fighting dogs
The bait dog has its mouth taped up so as not to be able to bite back
Very sad and sick

We have had quite a few dogs going missing over the past year or so in our area
Makes me really sad to read this...
Gleaner

Yes going on everywhere it seems,Woman near where i live was walking her dog when three men came up to her and just took her dog in broad daylight not a lot she could do about it
https://news.sky.com/story/suffolk-83-s ... d-12252822
Pete E

Very worrying and indeed the people who do this are scum...

Perhaps put up some CCTV notices on the wall near the spray paint in the hope they act as a deterrent?
Blackadder43

Pete E wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:05 pm Very worrying and indeed the people who do this are scum...

Perhaps put up some CCTV notices on the wall near the spray paint in the hope they act as a deterrent?
I have someone coming around tomorrow to price up a full cctv set up :thumbsup:
Always wanted it and this has cemented the idea
Also putting extra security measures in the garden too
I would do time if i caught one of them!
Kenleyboy

This exact same thing was going on around my area in the old Town which would be more than six years ago . There was a spate of it locally and dogs did go missing :thumbdown: I am well aware of a certain " community" who have a lust for my type of dogs , Lurchers and Greyhounds in particular and I have been followed and asked to sell the dogs , No chance !
I know of some truly horrific stories with what goes on with dogs which I will not repeat on here but it makes my blood boil .If there is a true hatred then that is the one emotion I have for these wicked evil people . :thumbdown:
Littleboot

Good God. I take it this is associated with a certain 'community'. Dear me. And. of course, plod will be next to useless and it is now up to people to protect themselves and their pets as best as possible. Definitely get rid of that yellow blob and make sure you get your CCTV as you seem to be on the case. I remember we were having trouble with our cars being vandalised. I slept in the car (well I didn't get much sleep lol_ on the backseat under a blanket for three nights in a row. Almost killed me lol. But I caught the bstard in the end. I had my trusty blackthorn knobstick with me and he was so surprised when I got out that I had a clear shot on his kneecap. He ran off not withstanding but the problem never recurred. I hope you get o the bottom of this because the vigilance is wearing.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Blackadder43

Police as you say werent interested, although they said they would keep an eye open :roll:
I felt so much safer

I chiseled the yellow mark off as soon as i was aware of it this morning :thumbsup:

It was fresh as i walk down the lane with my dogs and it wasn't there yesterday
Littleboot

Tell em the bloke wasn't wearing a mask or social distancing and organising an anti-vax rally . That'll peak their interest. :roll: :lol:
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
figgis

There are other signs to look out for - basically anything stuck to your fence/gate that you didn't put there yourself.

Too much of this sort of thing going on for the police to be interested in enough to do anything about (even if they had the numbers) so it's up to us to be super-vigilant and take our own measures as the boys in blue won't be of any help.
shaggybfc

BA, reading this makes me shake with anger and hatred for people that do this. Scumbags of the highest order
Edit.
Removed my previous comments from a public forum just in case 😳
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:35 pm
This morning i took our bins out and found a spray painted yellow blob right on the corner of our house and the small public walkway at the side of the house
I guess that cctv if fitted may have given a clue as to who put it there, though is mainly just a deterrant. A friend's cctv alerts him by a phone app of any activity but the problem having other family members about is that he cannot not look at it just in case it is not one of them, so it has become an obsession!
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
JohnDeus

Scumbags they are lowlife scum and it is getting worse these days