Coins from the rolled and seeded and nothing from the other rolled and seeded.

alloverover

Bad week this week, withought going into too much detail detecting has changed on the permission I use the most, very easy just to hop on a field for an hour or so on the way home, no need to tell anyone your going on, detect on the plants is fine because I take the utmost care and treat the crop as if its my own.......this is where it changes.... I now cant detect on the seeded because of other scumsuckers disrespecting the land and crop, chancers leaving holes open with lumps of iron on top of the spoil, skunkpussies with permission giving the farm manager verbal because they are dickheads, oh my lord, I knew it was coming as soon as others had been given permission, was so happy beforehand,,,,,,,,,,but I digress, ive other permissions and local too, I cant let myself get too cut up about this but I saw it coming, FOR ALL NEW DETECTORISTS, this is why people will not share their sites and why landowners do not want to give permission to strangers........end of rant.

So, went on another persission for a couple of hours and had a few coins, was lovely to be honest, just me and the field, no fkin ejets to worry about, made good as I was going along, you would never gues I had been there after a little rain :angel:

Heres the coins, no silver but never mind :Luv Ya:
Attachments
20211116_221842.jpg
20211116_221829.jpg
20211116_221817.jpg
20211116_221808.jpg
20211116_221431.jpg
20211116_221456.jpg
Littleboot

Nice selection there and the soil seems to be really kind too. You always seem to be blessed with quality soil. Anything bronze on my land, unless its newly drug up, is grotty. There is nothing nicer than having a peaceful bit of time on rolled and seeded. It is a brief happy time before inevitably you have to keep off for 8 months or so.
I feel your pain over your permission getting beeped up. As you say, you can see it coming. Like you, I can rove all over (see what i did there? 8-) the seeded fields because they know I'll pop things back after I have dug. I would be livid if I then went on and found some other total womble had done that thing of leaving a hole with a bit of scrap beside it. There is something so irritating about seeing those things left like some kind of present on the surface.
Mercifully I don't have human diggers to contend with. But I do have to contend with the mess made by wild boar. On sensitive permissions I find myself filling in their holes so I don't get blamed. :lol:
Live long and prosper.
Steve_JT

A worthwhile time spent to get some goodies, the soil must be kind to coins there too, they look in great condition :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have to agree with your observation (rant) that is an issue when others abuse a trust, it comes back to you, although no fault of yours. Ive seen first hand on one club dig of three I've been on, the holes and rubbish left made me quite disappointed :pulling hair out:

A manager asked me what I thought about letting a club on the land on one of my permissions, the owner was approached with an offer of money, luckily the owner who I get on with extremely well asked the manager to ask me on my thoughts.

I explained I had no right to say who could or could not come on the land but explained what could happen, and what most likely would happen, went on to say the owner would not be happy if he found out items were taken, not recorded with a total disregard for the land, and people just turning up thinking it was open season from then on, also possibly costing them in the long run.

I have saved this particular landowner thousands, truly, for reasons I cant go into, this is how I gained the special relationship and trust for the permission, I take the best care possible to not leave a trace, even fill in any holes animals have left, able to just turn up and go whenever and wherever, and on seeded until to tall to detect.

I would hate to lose any permission from what you describe, and feel your pain

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Easylife

That sounds just like my local pasture permissions of maybe 500 acres, the landowner won't allow anyone else on unless with me fortunately. The finds generally tend to be not too old but still plentiful, enough even after a few years, to keep the interest, but just what a nice place it is to spend some time. :D
There was one time that I informed the farmer that I had found evidence that some others had been on and left the clods out so that he didn't think it was me!
Though amusingly it was in the most least productive field so no great worries and it quite likely just put them off! But I would really hate to have to share any permissions, it's just not my thing.
So make hay whilst the sun shines as nothing ever stays the same! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

I can feel your frustration! I know these ‘footprint following’ detectorists have increasingly been annoying you for a while now and it sounds like it's got a lot worse. As you are only too aware, it only takes one idiot to restrict or close down a permission for everyone. That type of disrespect - giving the farm manager an earful, unfilled holes, leaving rubbish - shouldn’t be tolerated. The problem is everyone will blame everyone else so it’s difficult from them to know who is the issue, so they treat everyone the same :thumbdown: Then the only ones who can carry on are the night hawks :pulling hair out:

Anyways nice mix of coins there, all in cracking condition. Those dump pennies are one of my favourite coins - they have a beautifully simple design and the decent examples (like yours) feel lovely to hold.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Totally frustrating how other people just dont care :thumbdown:
As someone mentioned it only takes 1 or 2, but the land owners dont know who those 1 or 2 are, so blanket rule the whole area :pulling hair out:

Just keep plodding along fella, doing your own thing :thumbsup:
Dave The Slave

Good selection of finds.
Surprised to see Half Sov on the Co op token, must have been a fair sum back then. Even 10 Shillings was a fair bit.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
alloverover

Cheers guys, some wise words there. Its not like the land is totaly lost but a good amount of my winter detecting certainly is. There are other fields but you do get attatched to land, funny as it sounds, and of course there will be nowhere near the return detecting stubble and rough plough as there is a nice flat, well settled field.
Oh well, onward and upward :thumbsup: and I actually had a nice little soldino of Michele Steno (1400-1413) on a bit of land I wouldnt normally have bothered with this afternoon, it will take more than this little bump in the road to get me down :D :D :thumbsup:
Attachments
20211117_122745.jpg
20211117_122730.jpg
20211117_134801.jpg
20211117_134739.jpg
Easylife

Nice one Phil. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
JohnDeus

That is the problem m8 with some idiots that have no respect for the land I am fortunate to not have to share any of my permissions with anyone . That way it is my fault if there are any unfilled holes which there never is :thumbsup: onwards and upwards m8 :thumbsup:
Littleboot

here will be nowhere near the return detecting stubble and rough plough as there is a nice flat, well settled field

Oh I feel that. My best field , which I'd hoped to have a bit longer in it's well settled state, has been deep ploughed today. Very mixed feelings about it. I know that it will bring stuff up but it will take ages to settle down again. There is a corner of it where i have found some really nice stuff and so, with a rush of blood, I pottered off to have a waft over it before it went dark. Bloody atrocious. False signals, losing signals, massive air pockets and I came home completely done in with beep all in my pouch. lol. Worst of it is i KNEW it would be like this but I felt compelled to go anyway. :lol:
All I can say, Phil, is the detecting Gods will smile on you and there will be good things coming. I often have set-backs detecting-wise and have to go somewhere I wouldn't otherwise focus on and lo and behold something good pops up.
Live long and prosper.
alloverover

Littleboot wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:19 pm .

Oh I feel that. My best field , which I'd hoped to have a bit longer in it's well settled state, has been deep ploughed today. Very mixed feelings about it. I know that it will bring stuff up but it will take ages to settle down again. There is a corner of it where i have found some really nice stuff and so, with a rush of blood, I pottered off to have a waft over it before it went dark. Bloody atrocious. False signals, losing signals, massive air pockets and I came home completely done in with beep all in my pouch. lol. Worst of it is i KNEW it would be like this but I felt compelled to go anyway. :lol:
All I can say, Phil, is the detecting Gods will smile on you and there will be good things coming. I often have set-backs detecting-wise and have to go somewhere I wouldn't otherwise focus on and lo and behold something good pops up.
Cheers Jan, am lucky in the fact that ive more land than this permission so am not destitute on the permission front, sometimes also, non cultivated land can be extremely productive, if the stubble has softened enough to get the coil to the ground then its perfect, also, strangely enough, I had nearly the best amount of Roman ive ever had from a certain field that was rough ploughed :shock: it was just slabs of clay that were left all winter but had hundreds of coins out of it..............no getting away from the fact that ive lost out big time though because of others, flat fields are the best fields, no question .
Oxgirl

It’s funny how you can end up on other fields you aren’t that excited by but that suddenly start producing. Nice result :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Sorry to hear how idiots have ruined a good permission for you, Phil. Most seem good people but there's always that element which spoil it for others and with the seemingly incessant increase in newcomers this sort of incident is only likely to rise :thumbdown:

Still, knowing you, you'll be doing the business on the most unpromising ground and making me sick with jealousy every time :lol: