Deus II waiting list

Oxgirl

Regtons have opened a waiting list. Just email sales@regton.com
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
JohnDeus

I am going to leave it until next year as my old one still finds good stuff and when i have seen the new one in action i will get one :thumbsup:
Metalurgy

No point in buying one until you know how it works.
Oxgirl

Metalurgy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:46 pm No point in buying one until you know how it works.

If no one buys one how will you know how it works ;) chicken and egg.
Metalurgy

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 am If no one buys one how will you know how it works ;) chicken and egg.
Ermmm...,I would imagine there’ll be plenty of feedback and videos,even some that aren’t trying to sell it.
We all know that you’re going to buy one,so we’re looking forward to your fair and balanced appraisal :lol:
BuriedByTime&Dust

Metalurgy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:46 pm No point in buying one until you know how it works.
You wave it about the place until it beeps and then you dig up metal stuff. That's how it works :D

The Youtubers have got their mitts on pre-release machines now, so it won't be long now and I'll definitely be having one :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

I’m not naive, and understand how marketing works, but I hate the way manufacturers give out machines to the YouTube ‘influencers’…. Which effectively means if I buy a new machine, I’ve actually contributed to them getting a freebie….. grrr
and for this reason I’m out. I’ll maybe buy a second hand machine when all the testing / faults are ironed out, if I see good results from trusted users. :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
BuriedByTime&Dust

shaggybfc wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:31 am I’m not naive, and understand how marketing works, but I hate the way manufacturers give out machines to the YouTube ‘influencers’…. Which effectively means if I buy a new machine, I’ve actually contributed to them getting a freebie….. grrr
and for this reason I’m out. I’ll maybe buy a second hand machine when all the testing / faults are ironed out, if I see good results from trusted users. :thumbsup:
I watched a bit of a Deus II Youtube video this morning and I'm pretty sure the guy said that he'd be loaned a Deus II, not given one, although I might be wrong.
TheFenTiger

It is not in an influencers interest to give bad reviews as they won't be given free stuff in the future so they are hardly impartial.
Dave
BuriedByTime&Dust

TheFenTiger wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:17 pm It is not in an influencers interest to give bad reviews as they won't be given free stuff in the future so they are hardly impartial.
That is undoubtedly true. The most reliable reviews will come from those that part with their hard-earned :thumbsup:
DaveP

TheFenTiger wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:17 pm It is not in an influencers interest to give bad reviews as they won't be given free stuff in the future so they are hardly impartial.
Agree. It's just a matter of creative writing:

"You would have thought for all that extra money and development time the target separation would be much better"

or

"includes the quality target separation we've all come to expect from XP"

It's not what's said but how you say it ...... maybe Boris will give me a job :lol:
BuriedByTime&Dust

DaveP wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:05 pm Agree. It's just a matter of creative writing:

"You would have thought for all that extra money and development time the target separation would be much better"

or

"includes the quality target separation we've all come to expect from XP"

It's not what's said but how you say it ...... maybe Boris will give me a job :lol:
He may be looking for a job himself before long :lol:
Metalurgy

shaggybfc wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:31 am I’m not naive, and understand how marketing works, but I hate the way manufacturers give out machines to the YouTube ‘influencers’…. Which effectively means if I buy a new machine, I’ve actually contributed to them getting a freebie….. grrr
Fools rush in etc 🤣
Oxgirl

I'm furious because, excepting Gary Blackwell, they should have not been released to anyone else pre general purchase in my view.

I'll get one, along with all the rest of the great unwashed whenever they bother to release them. It's not really early Dec now though so god knows when that will be. I don't give a toss if Jo blogs from god knows whatever detecting possy thinks his video matters cause it's done the opposite for me. It's now made me feel negatively towards the product.
DaveP

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:23 pm I'm furious because .......
Heaven has no rage, like love to hatred turned,
nor hell a fury, like a woman scorned.

;) ;)