Deus II waiting list

BuriedByTime&Dust

figgis wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:14 pm Now there's a thought. Let's start up the OG 4 A D2 Freebie campaign :thumbsup:
Splendid idea. Now, which motorway do we glue ourselves to? :D
JohnDeus

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 pm You do know she has access to the ban button ?
:lol: :lol:
:lol: I am sure Oxgirl can take a bit of banter :blow kiss:
DaveP

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:44 pm Splendid idea. Now, which motorway do we glue ourselves to? :D
Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 08.18.03.png
Get Littleboot on the case :lol:
DaveP

figgis wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:56 pm Were I in the market for a D2 I'd be ignoring any youtube "reviews" (other than Gary's) and just get me head down to learn the machine myself. No way I'd be stumping up that much dosh on the say-so of an "influencer".
Well the paid for by XP man is your influencer. As he's listed as Global Media - Product Development for XP it's not his job to give impartial reviews.
He may be very good and it may be an excellent machine but he's paid not to tell you otherwise. Just food for thought.
TheFenTiger

It's the Nox release all over again 😄

End of the day the big spenders and youtube freeloaders will be front of the queue. That is how it works now.
Dave
figgis

DaveP wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:44 am Well the paid for by XP man is your influencer.
Oh, come on - you can't lump him in with the wannabe "personalities" foaming at the gob to get fame and freebies. Of course he's paid by XP - we all know that - but the man knows his machines inside out and shares that knowledge so we can all get the best out of ours. The reason I'd see what he has to say is for his explanation of what's what on the D2, not for an unbiased view I know I wouldn't get.
Pete E

figgis wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:59 pm Oh, come on - you can't lump him in with the wannabe "personalities" foaming at the gob to get fame and freebies. Of course he's paid by XP - we all know that - but the man knows his machines inside out and shares that knowledge so we can all get the best out of ours. The reason I'd see what he has to say is for his explanation of what's what on the D2, not for an unbiased view I know I wouldn't get.
Personally, I think Gary and his videos are a huge asset to XP and their users. And I say that as a Nox user....in fact, I wish ML produced a similar series of instructional videos for the Nox...
Oxgirl

DaveP wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:44 am Well the paid for by XP man is your influencer. As he's listed as Global Media - Product Development for XP it's not his job to give impartial reviews.
He may be very good and it may be an excellent machine but he's paid not to tell you otherwise. Just food for thought.
I get what you are saying but it’s open and transparent marketing so I think we all know what we are getting. More importantly though his videos are designed to educate not specifically to sell. Yes he’ll tell you everything is great but we watch them to learn how to get the best from the detector.

I, like Pete, wish every manufacturer did the same cause then a lot of those that buy a machine and say its rubbish five minutes later might have had more guidance.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking