Mondays Mooch

Dave The Slave

As some of you have already said Monday was the coldest day of the year since pre summer for detecting.
Forecast said the feel like would be Zilch or plus one.
On arrival field had white patches of frost but once detecting did not feel too cold. Tootsies did get cold after a while then warm up as did the fingers, which do get painful once the blood returns.
As on KB post couple of Red Kites, on the look out for prey but also while in the car watched a cat from a neighbouring dwelling stalk something in the hedgerow, unsuccessfully and then prance and jump across the frost as it made its way back home.
Finds wise not much out of the ordinary apart from the Fencibles button i have already posted. 19 items from moi,
What i thought was a Georgian Halfpenny turns out to have a helmeted figure on it, an overseas jobby from somewhere 28mm diameter,
My detecting friend found more with her Deus, 32 items,
including a rather crisp 1916 Halfpenny with lovely dark patina.
Would rather find one of those than the indecipherable Georgian Halfpennies, that seem to populate every field. Having said that they do show fields were used and had footfall during the Georgian period.
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Dave The Slave

Spot on Id Gleaner, Thank you very much. :clapping:
Probably 15 miles from Southampton.
My first confirmed Token.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

Sounds like you had a fun day Dave. Plus always good to get a first too - interesting token!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking