What's your favourite item of detecting gear?

Easylife

Earlier this year I bought a pair of insulated fishing salopettes from Aldi to try out this winter. I have only used them twice so far but they seem really great. Very comfortable, warm, and no more regular trousers adjustments needed! :D
A few years ago I bought a pair of waterproof ski gloves also from Aldi but I only use them on very cold days otherwise they are too warm. But they are my two favourite bits of detecting gear. I don't even regular shop at Aldi but just happened to call in at the right time.
And my Rockfall Titanium boots have been brill too! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
mattjb

Easylife wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:45 pm Earlier this year I bought a pair of insulated fishing salopettes from Aldi to try out this winter. I have only used them twice so far but they seem really great. Very comfortable, warm, and no more regular trousers adjustments needed! :D
A few years ago I bought a pair of waterproof ski gloves also from Aldi but I only use them on very cold days otherwise they are too warm. But they are my two favourite bits of detecting gear. I don't even regular shop at Aldi but just happened to call in at the right time.
And my Rockfall Titanium boots have been brill too! :thumbsup:
Are they the bib and brace type fishing ones? I’ve been using some of those for fishing for the last few winter seasons, brilliant value for money . Also the winter lined fishing joggers at Aldi are brilliant as well. I’ve got one pair for fishing and one pair for mooching about the house and garden!
Heard mixed reviews on the Aldi neoprene wellies but I’ve had a pair for a couple of winters and they’ve also been good despite 14 stone jumping on a spade with them on!
Metalurgy

The Aldi work gloves have also stood up to rigorous use,how’s the new spade ez?
Jamesey1981

My flask, it has tea in it. It's the second most important thing behind my detector.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Easylife

mattjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:58 pm Are they the bib and brace type fishing ones? I’ve been using some of those for fishing for the last few winter seasons, brilliant value for money. Also the winter lined fishing joggers at Aldi are brilliant as well.
Yep, bib & brace. Also a pair of thin fleecy joggers underneath, all nice and snug. :thumbsup:
Easylife

Metalurgy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:41 pm How’s the new spade ez?
It's great for the extra blade length and the extra weight is good for when the target is deeper than the blade in hard ground to slam it in. I never carry a trowel as the spade does the same job. :thumbsup:
Pete E

I had a set from Aldi, but they were not waterproof so I eventually moved them on...

This time of year, I love my waterproof cold store gloves....I have got a few different types but my favourites are my Maxidry Zero gloves...Completely waterproof and being fleece lined, toasty warm. Given they are industrial gloves they hold you well to digging ect and are not too expensive at around £8 delivered....
Easylife

The right clothing for the conditions is number one for me as like to be comfortable and not too hot or cold. My waterproof jacket has vents and the only time I close them is when there is a strong wind chill.
mattjb

Easylife wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:53 pm Yep, bib & brace. Also a pair of thin fleecy joggers underneath, all nice and snug. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I managed to distort one of the clips on mine , had the tumble dryer on too hot obviously!
Charles Abbeyville

Yep, my flask of tea for sure. :thumbsup:
mattjb

One of these has proved very handy , it goes on the opposite side to my finds pouch on the belt. I put a contigo insulated mug (brilliant mugs) in it in winter or an aluminium water bottle in it in summer. It means i don’t have to walk back to the rucksack for a drink when gridding, just have a quick slurp in between digging.
Attachments
4565A2B9-E645-4520-8CB4-BC7FA5D5BE59.png
Easylife

Tea? I always carry some water but that reminds me, I did buy a small 500ml stainless flask a while back as a hot drink option mainly for winter.
TheFenTiger

Teabag heat pads from Tesco. Last 11 hours. Either in my gloves inside against my pulse so it heats the blood flowing to my fingers or against my heart so it warms the blood there. probably a load of you know what but I don't seem to get cold.
Dave
Mucky

My Whitby Warmer for the very cold times in winter. Add lighter fluid and place in inside pocket next to the chest.
Keeps your core temperature up and if my lighter gets wet I can light my roll up off of it too.
In the summer months a nice cold can of John Smiths original. :thumbsup: :D
Oxgirl

My gloves. Light, not too bulky, cheap and great all year round use.

In the deep winter months they can be a bit cold but have just bought a pair of lining gloves. Sold to go inside ski gloves but will be perfect for an extra layer inside my normal ones for extra warmth.

I could talk about spades, etc. and they are really important (obviously) but gloves are essential for me. I can’t understand detecting without them but maybe I have more delicate hands than some people ;) :lol:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking